End of Exclusivity for EA and Star Wars Games

Rictalspace

Manager of Fist Industries
Nebulae
With the announcement of Ubisoft creating an open world Star Wars game, this means that the exclusivity for EA has ended (Thank fuck).

Given their awful and sometimes okay track record - think this is a good thing or bad?

Reactions: List

Northgate

:D
HL2 RP Administrator
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Open World? Star Wars?

Doesn't sound too bad at all! Ubisoft isn't exactly my top company, but they're still part of the lesser evil in my opinion. Plus, they understand how to make Open World Point-n-Shooty games so I actually got some confidence.

Luft

a bad memer
Nebulae
i was happy that an open world game would be created

but then i read that its being made by ubisoft

quality is going to be subpar, calling it now

Oswald

Fish
Nebulae
Here’s my two cents.
EA releases games early and fixes it over a few years, I had a lot and I mean a lot of fun with battle front two. I had three other friends and we play it loads and the bullshit we got up too brings a smile on my face.

by the end I was a good game you could pick up and have some fun, as good as it’s ancestor? God no. But it was fun.

Ubisoft is hit and miss with its games but let’s think really hard... when have they made an outstandingly good game? Watch dogs was meh.
Rainbow six series was fun in the old days but siege was just sub par of what they promised us.
Assassins creed dropped off at the end of Ezios life, even then it was a spam button to win game (black flag was only fun to me cuz boat battles)
ghost recon is the same as RS

The most unique game they have is for honour and that’s only a OKAY game and other games do it better.

And Star Wars games generally are okay. Fallen order wasn’t AMAZINGGGG. It was good. That’s all. I have such little faith in a open world star was game, false promises are Ubisoft’s go to

D

Deleted member 3818

ubisoft were good at open world when it was first developing as a genre and the gold standard were things like AC2. But now with stuff like read dead redemption 2 the bar has been raised far higher than ubisoft is willing to reach

Deleted member 374

jesus christ denton
Nebulae
ubisoft were good at open world when it was first developing as a genre and the gold standard were things like AC2. But now with stuff like read dead redemption 2 the bar has been raised far higher than ubisoft is willing to reach
rdr2 has ruined rpgs for me. i have been spoiled by rockstar.

TinPan

Needs to blow his nose
Nebulae
Knowing Ubisoft it’s without a doubt just gonna be an average/above-average experience that’ll get praise but likely won’t have anything rememberable within the game. Free roam in Ubisoft’s terms will very likely include DLC/micro transactions out of the ass, which is something Disney likes; so I’m not holding out hope on that front.

A final & grand attempt at Battlefront though that uses 2018’s Battlefront 2 as the groundwork’s + adding in as much content on top that they can possibly think of though?

Count me the fuck in.

constantdisplay

nokia talk 2002
Premium Member
Nebulae
wd2 is def one of my favourite open world games but since then i havent really seen anything remarkable from ubisoft

dont really want to support them anyway, what with the abuse scandal that still hasnt been addressed properly - at the most i expect an ac copypaste on top of a neat star wars setting

prolly just pirate it lol