epic games being retarded

Anti-tankspy

Nucleus
Nebulae
hi

so I recently downloaded gta v a few days ago on my gamer laptop, sadly I cannot play it because epic games won't go past the vertification process

GTA_V2.PNG

usually verifies to a random number then pauses at that and doesn't process further, then my pc starts to have some heavy lag spikes

intel core i7 4500-u @1.80 ghz
nvidia geforce gt 720m
900 gbs hdd
8 gbs ram

Señor Jaggles

Local Spaniard
Nebulae
intel core i7 4500-u @1.80 ghz
nvidia geforce gt 720m
900 gbs hdd
8 gbs ram

Whoever told you this is a gaming laptop, well

Let's say you have some knees to bust

But aside from that, this has probably nothing to do with hardware, either you need more patience to wait for a big file that takes longer to verify, or you'll find yourself reinstalling, not GTA V, but Epic Games itself

But you have probably solved that already, so unless I'm hands-on with the issue I really can't begin to fathom whatever the fuck is happening there

All in all, honestly, could be some corrupt files giving trouble to the verification process (though, isn't that its intended purpose?), or could be some compatibility issue. Do remember to update both your windows OS and its drivers, sometimes updates come up and fuck up this or that, so the next updates end up fixing it. I know it's a pain but it's the best you can do, stay updated.

Reactions: List