Serious erkor becomes a demiurge

Erkor

Narrative/Lore Management
Nebulae
erkor does worldbuilding
hi

I've been working on this project for a while, but barely show it to anyone out of a simple concern they're not actually interested in it. Those suspicions proved to be half-true considering most of my friends circle concerns themselves with things unrelated to worldbuilding, but some of them do it themselves and provide their input themselves.

This thread will serve as a way for me to express this project to people as a whole, but don't expect a half-life 2 knockoff or a sci-fi universe.

This is a fantasy universe.

Preamble out of the way, I've a few documents that'll be linked — the main one will, of course, be the full explanation on itself (if you have document outlines enabled, you can simply skip to specific sections) while the other three will be short stories set in this universe.

Orin
Daemonkind (scholarly referred to as The Baliur (sing. Balur ‘The Creator’, ‘Creator’, from Ancient Sahillan, colloquially known as the Others, Demons, Devils, the Unborn, Undying, and even Black Gods among apostates) are a type of oft-malignant being that thrive within a plane of existence given many names — the Underworld, Dead Realms, Hell, and the Black Steppes are only a few known. Scholars have named it the Khsaach, reported to be the endonym of the underworld by a captured Daemon.

Shapeless, sexless and voiceless, these beings have no true form, but are often if not always depicted as thin ripples within the air itself, coated in a cloak of black smoke and a hood of the same wisping material, with two white eyes glaring forward without emotion. Daemons have never been seen in their ‘true’ forms, to the point where demonologists argue they have none. Incapable of traversing to the Living Realms, they rely on the help of apostates, demonologists and others to bring them into the world of the living, by means of summoning, possession or influence by proxy.
XC7OBr4.jpg

In the northeastern province of Lorgos reigns a very powerful and very infamous sect of black mages. These mages, specializing on the research and summoning of daemonic spirits, are often born under a particular birthsign — The Eyeless — and in turn possess a certain affinity for the darker arts; and a connection to the underworld that keeps them up at night almost permanently.

Despite the religious nature of Lorgos and its normally intolerant nature to ‘unsanctioned magics’, the laxity on these individuals is often questioned if not mocked: Instead of facing punishment by execution, these magicians are stripped of all titles and cast out of society, and instead given only a black coat with a sewn on hood, a staff and a dagger to survive. More often than not, these wizards are branded with the Demon’s Claw — a claw-esque brand burnt on the skin and covered with a certain ash that binds with the scorched tissue. Demonologists are most easily discovered through this mark.

Maps
<<[Sanadhia, the Centerlands]>>

Stories

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The Sahillans
The Downfall
(I)
(II)
(III)
(IV)

Biographies

Creatures

Dossiers

[On Heze: A Treatise on the Hezean Floodlands and their Culture]

[Ramifications of Sahillan Outbreeding]

[Pyr-Egros — The Ashland]

[The Centerlands of Sanadhia]

I'm hoping this thread will receive at least some input on changes, additions or just comments as a whole. I'm going to be updating the post whenever a new story is made, and I'll be bumping the thread in turn.

thanks

Last edited:

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
erkor does worldbuilding
hi

I've been working on this project for a while, but barely show it to anyone out of a simple concern they're not actually interested in it. Those suspicions proved to be half-true considering most of my friends circle concerns themselves with things unrelated to worldbuilding, but some of them do it themselves and provide their input themselves.

This thread will serve as a way for me to express this project to people as a whole, but don't expect a half-life 2 knockoff or a sci-fi universe.

This is a fantasy universe.

Preamble out of the way, I've a few documents that'll be linked — the main one will, of course, be the full explanation on itself (if you have document outlines enabled, you can simply skip to specific sections) while the other three will be short stories set in this universe.

Orin
Daemonkind (scholarly referred to as The Baliur (sing. Balur ‘The Creator’, ‘Creator’, from Ancient Sahillan, colloquially known as the Others, Demons, Devils, the Unborn, Undying, and even Black Gods among apostates) are a type of oft-malignant being that thrive within a plane of existence given many names — the Underworld, Dead Realms, Hell, and the Black Steppes are only a few known. Scholars have named it the Khsaach, reported to be the endonym of the underworld by a captured Daemon.

Shapeless, sexless and voiceless, these beings have no true form, but are often if not always depicted as thin ripples within the air itself, coated in a cloak of black smoke and a hood of the same wisping material, with two white eyes glaring forward without emotion. Daemons have never been seen in their ‘true’ forms, to the point where demonologists argue they have none. Incapable of traversing to the Living Realms, they rely on the help of apostates, demonologists and others to bring them into the world of the living, by means of summoning, possession or influence by proxy.
XC7OBr4.jpg

In the northeastern province of Lorgos reigns a very powerful and very infamous sect of black mages. These mages, specializing on the research and summoning of daemonic spirits, are often born under a particular birthsign — The Eyeless — and in turn possess a certain affinity for the darker arts; and a connection to the underworld that keeps them up at night almost permanently.

Despite the religious nature of Lorgos and its normally intolerant nature to ‘unsanctioned magics’, the laxity on these individuals is often questioned if not mocked: Instead of facing punishment by execution, these magicians are stripped of all titles and cast out of society, and instead given only a black coat with a sewn on hood, a staff and a dagger to survive. More often than not, these wizards are branded with the Demon’s Claw — a claw-esque brand burnt on the skin and covered with a certain ash that binds with the scorched tissue. Demonologists are most easily discovered through this mark.

Stories
(II)
(III)
(IV)
I'm hoping this thread will receive at least some input on changes, additions or just comments as a whole. I'm going to be updating the post whenever a new story is made, and I'll be bumping the thread in turn.

thanks

i think i remember seeing this world years ago

nice shit

MercyIsBae

Neutrino
Nebulae
This is actually really descriptive! A lot of people aren’t very good at world building but you’ve done a good job making it seem real.

Reactions: List

Erkor

Nebulae
Part 4 is now released. It's quite a bit longer than the others, but serves to tie up drastically loose ends for that short story series.

Erkor

Nebulae
OOPS i forgot to actually link to the main doc

Orin's title is now a hyperlink to the main lore document for this worldbuilding project. It contains all information currently written about it, so it's quite long. Enable document outlines if you want a rough table of contents.

Erkor

Nebulae
A new section, Biographies, was added. I will expand it in the future, but the first article that is released within it is Pikhar-Chek. It details his basic appearance and a rundown of his experience during the fall of the Sahillans — now known as The Rapture.

Expect more in the future.

Erkor

Nebulae
A new section was added to catalogue Creatures. I just found an older doc I wrote and added it, explaining thw Wýrwraith, an ethereal being originating from a deceased Elf.

Erkor

Nebulae
A lore dossier has been added to elaborate on the Sahillans and their cross-bred subspecies, the Mnouroki.

Erkor

Nebulae
A new section was added and will be updated over time. I've made a map for Alvinjer a while ago and I've uploaded it. It's not final, but has the basic layout. Legend will come eventually.

No longer WIP! Removed the pseudo-borders, enhanced the look and edited the layout somewhat.

Last edited:

Aleks

Vaporwaves Skeletons
Nebulae
This seems like it'd be a really fun d&d setting. Cool stuff Erkor.

Erkor

Nebulae
A map of Jagris has now been made. The main document will be changed and updated to include the newly mentioned regions in some way, shape or form.

Alternatively I'll just write new docs or smth

Erkor

Nebulae

A new document has been added, penned by the historian Casparius Voldekh.
This document explains the region surrounding the large town of Heze and the Hezean people themselves.

Erkor

Nebulae

A new race has been created: The Kevesh'ar.
A new continent has been created: Py'r-Égros.

A new document has been added, penned by renowned demonologist Cesarian Lepolods.
It explains both the Kevesh'ar and Py'r-Égros in some detail. I will be making a map sooner or later — and maybe update the main document as well.

Erkor

Nebulae

A new map has been made for Py'r-Égros. It might be updated in the future, but the basic land layout is final.

Erkor

Nebulae

ok im incredibly dissatisfied with the map for Py'r-Égros so im remaking it

Erkor

Nebulae

The map of Py'r-Égros has been remade. I'll likely be adopting a paper style with varying degrees of colorization as a standard now.