EU4 | The Roleplay Royale | A nebulous Community Europa Universalis IV Game

Dallas

event guy
Nebulae
play france :grinning:
so you can try and leech off me? like that leech with the ribbon on it? yeah. i dont think so.

i am never again putting myself in a nation near you, i remember venice, i remember the emotional blackmail and shadowboxing

you cannot gaslight me as poland, i simply gaslight @cns - he/him/his

Reactions: List

the last man

corn lord
Nebulae

5702303a-a9a0-414a-8c33-c8d6d632f4e7.jpg

you know what time it is​

Oxy[Morons]

ส็ส็็ส็็็็ส็็็็ส็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็ส็็็็ส็็็็ส็็ส็
Nebulae
player conflict isn't fun in these games that have people in playtime and skill that range from 50 hours to 4000

it really isn't at all
the big hour names are playing pretty decently sized nations anyway
besides thats when politics comes in, its happened plenty in the games recent with negotiated alliances/coalitions

Goopy

Molecule
Nebulae
so you can try and leech off me? like that leech with the ribbon on it? yeah. i dont think so.

i am never again putting myself in a nation near you, i remember venice, i remember the emotional blackmail and shadowboxing

you cannot gaslight me as poland, i simply gaslight @cns - he/him/his

me?
gaslighting you?
not once, ever
i feel like YOURE the gaslighter

Sneaky

The one and only.
Nebulae
and a mamluks

obvious bias alert since I am funny ottomans but i'll be honest, mamluks + ottomans is one of the least fun combinations in eu4 mp games, at least in those that are meant to go past 1500s and actually have rehosts

it literally always ends up being a deathwar in 1444 where the loser has no choice but to simply leave the game since they'll just end up being eaten by the other anyways

i always prefer either mamluks or either ottomans in games, not having both

Mendel

Aboriginal Indigenous American
Nebulae

ambrose1.png

ambrose2.png

ambrose3.png

map1-5.png

THE DUCHY OF MILAN

The Duchy of Milan in 1444 reels from its recent defeats in the Italian Wars, where it saw the rightful Milanese possessions of Brescia and Bergamo stripped away by the merchant republic of Venice. Cornered in Northern Italy by Venice, Florence, and Genoa, the ambitious Duke Filippo Maria Visconti seeks to reclaim Milan's rightful territory, as well as seize hegemony over Northern Italy, and subsequently the entire peninsula.

A relatively young state, the Duchy of Milan dates back only to 1395; since then, its rulers, the currently empowered Visconti family, have fought hard within the state as much as beyond its borders to establish lasting authority. Despite these attempts to bolster support for the family, the cities of Lombardy contained within the duchy reluctantly accept ducal rule, with recent actions sparking notions for the return of the Republic of Saint Ambrose; a Golden Ambrosian Republic. On the other hand, the ambitious and highly skilled condottiero Ludovico Sforza has made quite the reputation for himself during Milan's recent struggles, where he has now been haphazardly given influence by the Viscontis in their court. Ever ambitious, he too is likely to seize opportunity at a moment of strife for his own personal gain.

Goopy

Molecule
Nebulae
obvious bias alert since I am funny ottomans but i'll be honest, mamluks + ottomans is one of the least fun combinations in eu4 mp games, at least in those that are meant to go past 1500s and actually have rehosts

it literally always ends up being a deathwar in 1444 where the loser has no choice but to simply leave the game since they'll just end up being eaten by the other anyways

i always prefer either mamluks or either ottomans in games, not having both

havent played much MP so didnt know that
fair enough

Sneaky

The one and only.
Nebulae
havent played much MP so didnt know that
fair enough

i mean it's not completely out of the question for a mamluks and ottomans to co-exist but it's usually much better to kill the other

mamluks have an incentive to declare as soon as they can because they start a bit stronger, which means ottomans, instead of expanding into byzantium, need to focus on preparing for a war with mamluks as soon as possible which often involves taking the countries bordering them, and after that ottomans then have an incentive themselves to declare as soon as possible because they start out with a 6/5/6 ruler and thus will get military techs and ideas before mamlukes

essentially their whole starting situation is made in a way that it encourages a very early war to make the other unable to contest you in the future, after which you essentially just cant resist in any meaningful way and might as well leave the game since once you lose another war, chances are you're almost guaranteed to lose the next one

to be fair, though, to argue in your favour, if mamluks or ottomans are picked, picking the other country is usually interpreted as "I want a 1v1 at game start", which is why it's usually not considered a fun combo for games where you want everyone playing to be able to continue in future sessions. it's certainly possible to talk before that and just work out a border deal or even an alliance and avoid the 1444 deathwar altogether, just that it doesnt happen due to how it's often interpreted in mp games

Oxy[Morons]

ส็ส็็ส็็็็ส็็็็ส็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็ส็็็็ส็็็็ส็็ส็
Nebulae
Rest In Peace mendel, lost him to the big shrimp