Denied Evan Delaney - PK Appeal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 906

Molecule
B A N N E D
Nebulae
NOTE: Posted on his behalf since he does not have a Forum Account.

Character Name: Evan Delany.

Member of staff who banned your character: Defender-7.

Character/Player who carried out the PK (If known): Richard Pinot (@dee pixel ).

Describe how your character died: Shotgun blast point blank to their plate carrier.

Why do you believe your PK is invalid?: I logged on and within roughly 1 minute after setting up my gmcores and adjusting things I was shot.

Date of occurrence: 23/01/27

Evidence (screenshots, logs):
Undersheriff Evan Delaney says "The hell are you?"
Clip Waster promptly puts a shell into Delaney's chest, point-blank.
[LOOC] Undersheriff Evan Delaney: a shell?
[LOOC] Clip Waster: one shotgun blast
Couldn't get sound buffer status
(x4) SCARFACE has connected to the server.
Couldn't get sound buffer status (x2)
[LOOC] Undersheriff Evan Delaney: i just fucking spawned in.
[LOOC] Undersheriff Evan Delaney: Oh I misread
Couldn't get sound buffer status (x4)
***Undersheriff Evan Delaney Gets fucking blasted in the chest at point blank.
*** Clip Waster pumps another shell in, strolling out.​

Any other parties involved: "Clip Waster" aka Pinot.

Misc details: I had just loaded my character in and was killed nearly instantly.

Reactions: List

FreeSpy

Atom
Nebulae
Can I ask who is the actual appealer? I understand he does not have an account, but his name was not mentioned

Deleted member 374

jesus christ denton
Nebulae
i was skulking the shantytown in disguise, looking for the people who bountied my character Rickard Pinot (aka Clip Waster). i encountered delaney in the sheriff's office, and since i knew he was second-in-command to sheriff cass, i shot and killed him and left the scene.

Deleted member 374

jesus christ denton
Nebulae
how long ago delaney had connected prior to the shooting was a mystery to me - i certainly didn't know where he'd log on, or when. our encounter was entirely by chance.

Señor Jaggles

Local Spaniard
Nebulae
NOTE: Posted on his behalf since he does not have a Forum Account.
20. Do not post a ban appeal on behalf of another user, it will be considered invalid.

I apologize but as it stands I can't accept nor deny the appeal.

It takes very little time to create a forum account, and we need the person themselves to post for validity.

If he wants to he can reply to this very thread and we'll continue.

Deleted member 906

Molecule
B A N N E D
Nebulae

It takes very little time to create a forum account, and we need the person themselves to post for validity.

This needs removing, people shouldn't be forced to make a forum account if they don't want to, but let me see if I can get him to do so.

'77 East

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
Dingus is in error, most of his 'testimony' is ridiculous.

His clothes were looked at for any thermite or gunpowder residue, his duffel bag and belongings were also looked at for this same reason as well as his firearms.
Which they did not have, because they were not the clothes he used in the act.

The masked man, who soon unmasked himself INFRONT of the WANTED POSTER and called himself Clip Waster, confirmed via ROLEPLAY he was infact not the man in the posters, a.k.a Richard Pinot
You used the wrong picture for the posters. It's beyond me to inquire how you magically had his mugshot to begin with, but hey.

'Harland', who knew who Richard Pinot was and recognized his face, came to the Sheriff's Office and did not recognize him due to the fact Clip Waster roleplayed not being him.
Why is this @dee pixel's fault? Harland is not his character, he is not in control of someone else's memories.

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae

potentially relevant question

is a PK appeal a ban appeal? i suppose they're similar but i'd say they're fairly distinct

Señor Jaggles

Local Spaniard
Nebulae
This needs removing, people shouldn't be forced to make a forum account if they don't want to, but let me see if I can get him to do so.

No, it doesn't, mainly because we can't keep any control on people we've banned in the past in forums or similar stuff if they can just make a new account and tiptoe around bans and similar stuff. It's not there for people who don't have an account, but for people who post in behalf of others who are banned, but let me ask you: How do I know you're not posting on behalf of someone who's been banned before or had their account removed? We can't. That's why we ask for registration to post.

Like the community has the forums as an extension and we need the forums for some things like appeals, news, rules and similar. If someone does not want to abide by it and use the forums, they're in their right, but you can have both things at once. Refusing to use the forums means you miss half of the systems.

Señor Jaggles

Local Spaniard
Nebulae
potentially relevant question

is a PK appeal a ban appeal? i suppose they're similar but i'd say they're fairly distinct

In general you shouldn't be able to post either, at least it was not allowed in the past nor I think we should considering all of the implications.

Deleted member 906

Molecule
B A N N E D
Nebulae
No, it doesn't, mainly because we can't keep any control on people we've banned in the past in forums or similar stuff if they can just make a new account and tiptoe around bans and similar stuff. It's not there for people who don't have an account, but for people who post in behalf of others who are banned, but let me ask you: How do I know you're not posting on behalf of someone who's been banned before or had their account removed? We can't. That's why we ask for registration to post.

Like the community has the forums as an extension and we need the forums for some things like appeals, news, rules and similar. If someone does not want to abide by it and use the forums, they're in their right, but you can have both things at once. Refusing to use the forums means you miss half of the systems.

Ain't a ban appeal either. Also the people involved aren't banned from the forums, they simply requested their accounts be deleted as they wanted to distance themselves a while back from the forums.

MaXenzie

Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Ain't a ban appeal either. Also the people involved aren't banned from the forums, they simply requested their accounts be deleted as they wanted to distance themselves a while back from the forums.

i think @alex has said that an account deletion is for all intents and purposes a ban tbf

Deleted member 374

jesus christ denton
Nebulae
i did load up another character named Bobby Chip to watch the aftermath, but given that,
- nobody even knew delaney was dead until i brought attention to his corpse
- nobody was out looking for me

i didn't think it would be an issue. as far as eavesdropping goes, there was nothing said that could benefit me

things i overhead during the investigation/funeral:

- people are traveling in pairs (i figured they would do so anyway to avoid further bushwhacking)
- the sheriffs know Clip Waster is Rick Pinot (they would have found that out anyway, since Clip Waster was known to use a shotgun and the suspicions on him were strong already)
- everybody wants Rick dead (this has been the case for some time)

as for "roleplaying not being rick", Clip Waster was a disguise. he let his beard grow out; he wallowed in dirt; he was unwashed, unkempt. he held a different posture, changed his voice significantly, had a totally different demeanor and personality. this, combined with the fact that they didn't even use Rick's real face on the wanted posters, gave me more than enough cause to further conceal my identity from a bunch of strangers who have seen one version of Rick's face in shit lighting a handful of times.

MaXenzie

Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
ah right, oh well, i've told him anyway that if he wants this addressing he can post on here

iirc he always double-checks with people who want to delete their account because you cant reinstate it or be given a new one after the fact
otherwise you can bypass all bans/reputation by just deleting your account and making a new one with a clean slate

'77 East

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
Also the people involved aren't banned from the forums, they simply requested their accounts be deleted as they wanted to distance themselves a while back from the forums.
bro dingus self-terminated his own account after some heinous shit, choosing to do that instead of just not logging on to his account is on him

i did load up another character named Bobby Chip to watch the aftermath, but given that,
- nobody even knew delaney was dead until i brought attention to his corpse
- nobody was out looking for me

i didn't think it would be an issue. as far as eavesdropping goes, there was nothing said that could benefit me
me and 2 other people were the first to stumble on delaney's corpse, one of whom (not dee) was who told me

there was no attempt to hunt down pinot that day, despite his earlier arson attack, until after the murder.

Deleted member 906

Molecule
B A N N E D
Nebulae
bro dingus self-terminated his own account after some heinous shit, choosing to do that instead of just not logging on to his account is on him

me and 2 other people were the first to stumble on delaney's corpse, one of whom (not dee) was who told me

there was no attempt to hunt down pinot that day, despite his earlier arson attack, until after the murder.

well i dunno peoples pasts on here like you do, so forgive me, but yeah w/e

Deleted member 906

Molecule
B A N N E D
Nebulae
anyway, go ahead and deny this, he ain't bothering coming back now he said he's washing his hands with the situation and moving on.

Status
Not open for further replies.