EVE Online: Nullsec Blackout

aperson

Molecule
Nebulae
https://www.eveonline.com/article/pufecw/48-hour-warning-nullsec-local-blackout

Basically in EVE Online, everywhere (except wormhole space) their is a channel called "local" which allows you to chat to all people currently in the system in a local channel. However, like other chat channels in the game, you can see a list of people when they enter the chat, meaning that when some comes into a system, they also appear in the list of players for the chat. This means that you can instantly know when, for example, an enemy of your corporation (think guild/group) has entered the system and can dock up before they warp to you and kill you.

A lot of people see this as an issue, as it leads to people knowing important information ("intel") of movements of people without actively doing anything, other than being in the system. These changes will mean local in nullsec will act like wormhole space, meaning that people will only appear in the list of people in the channel (and by extentsion the system) when they post a message. It's unknown why CCP are doing this, but they could be trying to shake up PVP in nullsec (nullsec being systems without any security, lawless lands basically).

tl;dr: people wont be able to instantly know when people come into a system, people are crying, god save the drifters

Reactions: List

jamEs

fqjdlkmsbvqfgkhpoiuaeazer
Nebulae
nullsec carebears btfo'd, they'll have to rely on dscan only now. I like the change for once because it'll kinda force a meta change

entire strats/plans are based on local data which allows you to see instantly what alliances/corps are present

Tzula

Molecule
Nebulae
I remember when I played EvE that you could use exploration probes to pinpoint players in a system.

not that big of a change really.

jamEs

Nebulae
I remember when I played EvE that you could use exploration probes to pinpoint players in a system.

not that big of a change really.
combat scanner probes allow you to do that, but it takes time and some skill to do it quickly

there's always the dscan that's present on every ship which allows you to pinpoint/see what's in a 360° radius but only in a 14 AU range. places like Thera are +50 AU so in there it's less useful

Tzula

Molecule
Nebulae
combat scanner probes allow you to do that, but it takes time and some skill to do it quickly

there's always the dscan that's present on every ship which allows you to pinpoint/see what's in a 360° radius but only in a 14 AU range. places like Thera are +50 AU so in there it's less useful
yeah, part of me really wants to get into EvE again but I'm reminded why I can't.

The skill grind and actually finding work is shite lol.

aperson

Molecule
Nebulae
nullsec carebears btfo'd, they'll have to rely on dscan only now. I like the change for once because it'll kinda force a meta change
in the wise words of carebears
"adapt or die"

jamEs

Nebulae
yeah, part of me really wants to get into EvE again but I'm reminded why I can't.

The skill grind and actually finding work is shite lol.
I flew with NPSI fleets from the start and almost had the chance to become a fleet commander for a while but I never pursued it

always had content this way and trained for bombers asap so I could fly with bomber's bar too so never had any problems. I'm at 30M SP rn and can fly almost all racial T3 cruisers with T2 guns, same for racial T2 frigs and dessies

for a while I only did incursions so I got quite a few billion iskies from that in a decked out vindi. Game's gotten quite a bit boring for me now though and I really cba with joining a nullsec alliance/wh alliance, not interested in the game anymore

Tzula

Molecule
Nebulae
I flew with NPSI fleets from the start and almost had the chance to become a fleet commander for a while but I never pursued it

always had content this way and trained for bombers asap so I could fly with bomber's bar too so never had any problems. I'm at 30M SP rn and can fly almost all racial T3 cruisers with T2 guns, same for racial T2 frigs and dessies

for a while I only did incursions so I got quite a few billion iskies from that in a decked out vindi. Game's gotten quite a bit boring for me now though and I really cba with joining a nullsec alliance/wh alliance, not interested in the game anymore
Jesus.
Man, I wish I could've done that lol.
I never found a group and the one I did was pandemic which was.. eh.

aperson

Molecule
Nebulae
this is your brain on carebear

JqRqSPQ.png