1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Everytime i connect to the HL2RP server i get a connection problem.

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by obkl0, Jun 18, 2017.

1. obkl0

obkl0 Proton

Nebulae:
    When i connect to the server, it keeps getting a connection problem when it tries to get the server config. Anyone know what the hell to do to stop this? If its just bad internet then i can cope with it but still :stuck_out_tongue:

2. Blackquill

Blackquill The Rejuvenated Server Director
    Head Staff HL2 RP Server Director

Nebulae:
    It might be bc the server is close to full pal, sometimes happens to people.

3. obkl0

obkl0 Proton

Nebulae:
    ah, alright then baequill :grinning:

4. Windstroll

Windstroll Neutrino

Nebulae:
    I have had this problem for a few days now. Even when the server has 30 or less people, I still have this. Idk if it is a mod installed (which happened after I installed all of your mods in your collection). I just need a solution, or at least a reason so I can find the solution.

5. Knight

Knight `impulse-approved
    HL2 RP Administrator Premium Member

Nebulae:
    Alright I've had this problem alot and it's usually because you're trying to do too much stuff at once. Gmod is horribly optimized and joining servers takes a lot of CPU power. If you tab out when connecting, try to be as minimal as possible when doing anything, whether it be loading web pages or launching more applications.

If you don't tab out when connecting, close some tabs and applications before joining.

6. STUCK IN A CAKE

STUCK IN A CAKE Lord of the Lolis
    HL2 RP Operator

Nebulae:
    Only having the content enabled will also help, used to happen to me when I had like 500 useless addons, my game just kept crashing when I tried joining servers. Just disable/remove them.

7. Votra

Votra Retired

Nebulae:
    Go to your add-ons, hit disable all, then hit enable all, start a singleplayer game, and try joining again.

Not sure why that madness works but I have the same problem on a near daily basis and that's how I fix it. Not just on nebulous either.