Fallout 3 or New Vegas

Dicknose

Whatever happens, happens.
Nebulae
Personally I like New Vegas better than Fallout 3, but I still love both of the games. I just like the freedom to develop your own character in New Vegas, and the darker quests.

please don't fight

Reactions: List

All Adm*ns are Bastards

Atom
B A N N E D
Nebulae
Todd Howard
25/4/71 - 20/6/17
"Chemotherapy - it just works."

In his dying breath, Todd still refused to acknowledge the existence of New Vegas.

j65CciI.jpg

PrincessKatey

Nucleus
Nebulae
New Vegas is best it lets me furfill my fantasy of putting people on a cross while naked throwing spears at soldiers

Kafe

Level Design nomad
Nebulae
New Vegas.
Hardly any debate really.

Dr.Towers

Nucleus
Nebulae
Have you ever sat down and ever tried to properly play them?

Yes, I've finished both 1 and 2 (and I would have played Tactics too if I could have managed to start it up), but I still don't like the turn based action and the "miss point blank with a rocket launcher because you don't have enough Perception" stuff

PrincessKatey

Nucleus
Nebulae
Yes, I've finished both 1 and 2 (and I would have played Tactics too if I could have managed to start it up), but I still don't like the turn based action and the "miss point blank with a rocket launcher because you don't have enough Perception" stuff
Get more perception then?

Kafe

Level Design nomad
Nebulae
fallout 1 and 2 are great with their story, but are out of date with their gameplay in my opinion, it's based off table-top RPGs where you filled in the gaps yourself, but when you see your guy at point blank and still miss, it hurts the enjoyment a lot..

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Fallout 3.

New Vegas felt like a Fallout 3 DLC and made the whole thing feel shallow for me when there wasn't anything new added.

Edit: Yeah I know it's a disagreeable opinion.

gExile

roleplayers paradise
Nebulae
Fallout 3.

New Vegas felt like a Fallout 3 DLC and made the whole thing feel shallow for me when there wasn't anything new added.

Edit: Yeah I know it's a disagreeable opinion.
I respect your opinion but feel the need to say it is WRONG....

Knight

`impulse-approved
B A N N E D
Nebulae
On console and Xbox combined I have over 700 hours on new Vegas and played through it about 30 times (not even exagerating), I can say that I probably like new Vegas more, enjoyed the factions and their quests a lot.

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
I respect your opinion but feel the need to say it is WRONG....

Yeah Ik.

I just never liked it as much as Fallout 3, the opening didn't invest me enough to do anything beyond the opening area.

Kafe

Level Design nomad
Nebulae
Yeah Ik.

I just never liked it as much as Fallout 3, the opening didn't invest me enough to do anything beyond the opening area.
I felt like that too initially when I played it on release.
did not feel invested because the goal seemed so weak initially compared to fallout 3.

Back then I saw it as this, fallout 3 - clean water for all, new vegas - get a poker chip.
However, in recent years when I actually pushed past that opening, got the chip and saw what followed it, I was hooked to the plot and actually got invested with the factions, even the legion who I initially slaughtered for what seemed like clear moral reasons, got a lot more grey later on when I got to speak with Caesar himself.

Also the companions, I have a few favourites in Fallout 3 but only Fawkes and Charon seemed to have some sort of arc recruiting them and none after, new vegas's characters often had cold openings but their stories opened up after enough time travelling, Veronica's personal quest especially is one I got seriously invested in and felt quite downbeaten when I took a wrong turn in the quest and my underleveled character got trapped in a permanent death loop.