Fallout 76

Knight

`impulse-approved
B A N N E D
Nebulae
if this is true and not just Todd listening to his favorite Fleetwood Mac song then I'd cum buckets
Imagine with really heavy modding, text chat, upping server count

Fallout new Vegas rp that i’d Nut for

Deleted member 28

What a pathetic string of words
Nebulae
according to this it's gonna have no story mode and will require always online

19 minutes in

We’ve known this since E3

"it will always require online"
"up to 32 players"
"map is 4x the size of fallout 4"
aka you will never see another player, and the online mechanic is completely pointless

like no mans sky but actually multiplayer and uselessly so.
The number of players is still always subject to change, but considering players are visible on the map to everyone there will still be plenty of interaction

Deleted member 28

Nebulae
this is a really bad idea if playerhunting is a part of the game
I’m assuming that if it turns out to be like GTA online with people continuously hunting other players they’ll hopefully listen to the backlash like they said they would. The main idea of showing other players on the map was to encourage player interaction

They’ll probably allow you to toggle between being seen on the map and some sort of ghost mode

Kafe

Level Design nomad
Nebulae
people will just build a death fortress and use power armour/ minigun combos to spray down newbies who step out of vault 76

And once those fortresses fall to players who finally stop the campers, they'll nuke the base.

Knight

`impulse-approved
B A N N E D
Nebulae
Todd’s ideas for a cool system where everyone wants to interact and meet new people sound amazing and that’s a perfect world scenario but it’ll be ruined by retards looking to player hunt

Kafe

Level Design nomad
Nebulae
Todd’s ideas for a cool system where everyone wants to interact and meet new people sound amazing and that’s a perfect world scenario but it’ll be ruined by retards looking to player hunt
pretty much why this game will live or die based on if it allows custom servers that the community can host, moderate and lock down.
If that is not there, it's going to be like every DayZ clone of the only interaction being shot in the head.

Deleted member 28

Nebulae
He’s repeatedly made clear that they’ll work heavily on allowing players to avoid PVP and grieving like this. I’m assuming they will disable player indicators on the map

Kafe

Level Design nomad
Nebulae
personally I'm just not going to buy this game until they allow for custom servers and the ability to mod those servers.
It's possible if they use the creation club functionality, since then they have the chance to give it the functionality like steam workshop has with gmod.

Reactions: List

Powley

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
holy shit yes
i want to become a rabbit jumping around with a shotgun

It'd be lit but I'm sure it's just for the video

Although I'm interested to see if mutations will have a physical affect on how you look

Reactions: List