Fallout Based DnD

Nebulae
Sup. Basically the title. I'm starting a DnD group for fallout based DnD. I'll be the DM

Notes:
I'll have 5 members and then me as DM

Races that are allowed are Human, ghoul, or a companion.

Human classes: Marksman (Uses longer ranged weapons like rifles), Brawler (Uses Melee weapons and throwables), or Assualtant (Wields a machine gun) (All carry a pistol of their choice.)

Ghoul can only wield a melee weapon, but they are faster and can communicate with feral ghouls.

Companians can either be Dogmeat or a dog named Wrench. Dogmeat is faster and bites stronger. Wrench is better at finding items and can stealth attack enemies.

We will be using a custom set of rules and will use Roll20 and Discord.

Reply with character name, race, class, and weapon to join. First session will be tomorrow at 3:00 PM EST (9:00 PM british time)

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Sup. Basically the title. I'm starting a DnD group for fallout based DnD. I'll be the DM

Notes:
I'll have 5 members and then me as DM

Races that are allowed are Human, ghoul, or a companion.

Human classes: Marksman (Uses longer ranged weapons like rifles), Brawler (Uses Melee weapons and throwables), or Assualtant (Wields a machine gun) (All carry a pistol of their choice.)

Ghoul can only wield a melee weapon, but they are faster and can communicate with feral ghouls.

Companians can either be Dogmeat or a dog named Wrench. Dogmeat is faster and bites stronger. Wrench is better at finding items and can stealth attack enemies.

We will be using a custom set of rules and will use Roll20 and Discord.

Reply with character name, race, class, and weapon to join. First session will be tomorrow at 3:00 PM EST (9:00 PM british time)
@MaXenzie Know you love DnD

Nah timesones way too late for me especially considering I'm already DM'ing my own D&D game.

Feel free to ask to join, I think I have 1 slot open.

Reactions: List

MaXenzie

Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
We will be using a custom set of rules

I also don't trust this.

Custom rules leads to the DM bullshitting a lot, I'd rather standard 5e rules modified to fit FALLOUT

Hell, change a few stat names (Constitution is endurance, Wisdom is Perception, Intelligence is... Intelligence) And make use of the 5e cover rules with homebrew weapons and I could do a Fallout game.

Nebulae
I also don't trust this.

Custom rules leads to the DM bullshitting a lot, I'd rather standard 5e rules modified to fit FALLOUT

Hell, change a few stat names (Constitution is endurance, Wisdom is Perception, Intelligence is... Intelligence) And make use of the 5e cover rules with homebrew weapons and I could do a Fallout game.
I haven't taken too much time to read into the 5E rules, but yeah, sure. I'll read up on it for those changes. Thanks.

MaXenzie

Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
I haven't taken too much time to read into the 5E rules, but yeah, sure. I'll read up on it for those changes. Thanks.

I'd make these changes.

Point buy 27
Strength 8
Perception 8
Endurance 8
Charisma 8
Intelligence 8
Agility 8
Luck 8

Look up 5e rules for how point buy works.

Humans get +1 to every stat (Not much difference when stat modifiers are counted in 2's)

Ghouls get +2 to Endurance, -2 to Charisma. Immune to radiation damage.

Remove companions, not being able to speak is a major fucking character flaw.

Robots get +2 to intelligence, endurance, strength, perception and -2 to agility, and can only use their natural weapons (which is a big flaw considering how volatile they are) They are immune to radiation damage.

Synths get +2 to intelligence and +1 to 2 other stats, and -2 to charisma for being taboo. Also immune to radiation damage.

Super mutants get +2 to strength and endurance, but -2 to charisma and intelligence. Also, immune to radiation damage.

Last edited:

Sixx

Proton
Nebulae
Custom rules leads to the DM bullshitting a lot
DM's rules are DM's rules, if they have their rules laid out and they reference them then they're not bullshitting, they're just doing homebrew. If every campaign was by the book then it'd be boring.

Gabby

Atom
Nebulae
why can ghouls only use melee weapons?
Would you trust one with a gun?
271.jpg

MaXenzie

Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
DM's rules are DM's rules, if they have their rules laid out and they reference them then they're not bullshitting, they're just doing homebrew. If every campaign was by the book then it'd be boring.

I at least want to know the rules, because if every campaign had no rules and just followed the DM's orders, there'd be no consistency.

Dicknose

Whatever happens, happens.
Nebulae
A Game of Thrones DnD would be pretty cool.

MaXenzie

Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
47874-1-1348174446.png

hqdefault.jpg

HE IS HOLDING A FUCKING GUN!

It's a stupid race-based limitation that he didn't think through.

Races aren't supposed to have limits, classes are. Wizards can't wield swords unless they're specifically proficient in them, otherwise they're unable to cast spells, etc.