Favourite opening scene to a movie?

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
Why not, any genre.

For me I think the opening to Day of the Dead stands out the most. Something about the entire city coming to life and how horrific the idea is of there being nothing but zombies there.

Reactions: List

Isuckatgaming

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
The Dark Knight opening scene is not only great at setting the tone and introducing the Joker, but is also a very entertaining scene on its own. I like it a lot

Speaking of the Joker, I really liked the opening scene to that movie as well. Pretty cool

constantdisplay

nokia talk 2002
Nebulae
Why not, any genre.

For me I think the opening to Day of the Dead stands out the most. Something about the entire city coming to life and how horrific the idea is of there being nothing but zombies there.

shaun of the dead is probably my all time favourite

also scott pilgrim v the world
trainspotting

john

barbecue chips aint shit
Nebulae

It was hard to find a Youtube clip for the full thing so here's the clip with a screenplay.

Most Tarantino films have a very strong opening, pulp fiction, resevoir dogs, hateful eight etc etc. But this one's always stood out to me as the absolute best.

tera

Atom
Nebulae

Watching this in IMAX for the first time where it felt like a slow build up which suddenly exploded into gunfire and death really portrays the reality of war during that time. The message stating that the British soldiers were trapped, showing them escaping from unseen enemies and having only one of them surviving as well as showing the French putting up a defense against the enemies before coming out to the beach which shows the severity of the situation as the British soldiers hold out. It really shows a lot in one scene about the Dunkirk evacuation.

Very classic opening as well. Everything is so technically brilliant, the mood, atmosphere and the camera motion. The actors did so superb in their roles and the dialogue is so brilliant that it's probably one of the most perfect scenes I've ever seen in sense of technicality and opening plot. Everyone is perfect in their role in that scene. Especially that fucking cat.

I don't usually would consider scenes to be memorable from Pixar out of all companies but fuck me, UP's opening scene is just so beautifully shown in a span of less than 10 minutes, without much dialogue but just portraying a couple throughout their entire life, only for one to pass away in the end. It strikes hard considering how we are all growing up into older people. Time really flies fast once you become more and more engrossed with your responsibilities and work.

Last edited:

Ricsow

professional retard
HL2 RP Administrator
Media Developer
Nebulae