Favourite sci fi ship?

Akula

Sangheili Bias
Nebulae
I'm a big sci fi fan, and I fucking love space ship designs, so I'm interested to hear what ships other people love and why?

It can be from a movie, game, TV show, comic, book, anything's cool!

For me it's a tough choice, but I'll probably have to go with the Battlestar Pegasus from the 2003 version of Battlestar Galactica, the whole concept of Battlestars are just awesome to me, absurdly armoured and covered in conventional artillery, they're basically just WW1 dreadnoughts but in space

latest

Reactions: List

Frosty

Schlong
Nebulae
6hHSB5G_d.jpg

These bad lads from the first Star Wars battlefront because they use to go on a mad one and fly out the map when you got shot down instead of just explode like everything else

Kafe

Level Design nomad
Nebulae
RLS legacy from treasure planet.
One of my favourite sci-fi universes because space is habitable and filled to the brim with life, just travelling through space without the need of metal triangles serving as space ships.
Treasure_Planet_5-1.jpg

Erkor

Narrative/Lore Management
Nebulae
actually reminds me

not a space ship per se but
latest

Naaru Fortresses, by technicality, are ships flying above the ground. They're usually city-sized, but instead of travelling through space, they travel through the Twisting Nether -- Warcraft's spin-off of Hyperspace, for lack of a better explanation -- which also serves as a parallel dimension that harbors demons. It doesn't necessarily fly through the Twisting Nether, either; instead, it teleports.

They're quite literally powered by the Naaru on board (the amount varies from ship to ship):
800px-Naaru_Core.jpg

Only two known dimensional fortresses exist, that being Tempest Keep and the Genedar (not pictured) -- the others, such as the Exodar (not pictured), the Botanica (blue), Arcatraz (Red), the Mechanar (purple), and the Vindicaar (also not pictured), are known as dimensional ships.

Dimensional ships made by the Naaru usually follow a singular purpose -- but in some cases, can host multiple:

• The Exodar hosted wings for trade, reverence of the Holy Light, and shamanism,
  • The Botanica was a research atrium for flora,
  • The Arcatraz was a large prison facility holding dangerous beings the Naaru encountered while traversing the universe,
  • The Mechanar was an engineering factory,
  • The Genedar held living space, and was designed for planetary evacuation.
The Vindicaar, while not mentioned in the above list, has no canonical purpose, thanks to lore inconsistencies and Blizzard's lack of explanation, as usual, but it served as an FOB on the war on Argus.

Spock

Shows up every other month to read ban appeals
Nebulae
I'm fond of a lot of the designs from Space Engineers, though those vary about as wildly in quality as SFM animation. Real, bonafide Sci-fi though, I'd probably have to go with the Excelsior Class form Star Trek.
excelsior-2-stiii.jpg

Cindy

*sigh* ud know this if u read the silmarillion...
Nebulae
2B97AE952C49A2035C84811DE9D3D3E794B1BBAC

Always loved the science behind the idea of rotating parts in order to create artificial gravity. Babylon 5 is also my #1 sci-fi show of all time. Definitely would recommend anybody who likes science fiction and politics.