Serious Fitness General

Stalker

the very best rp man on planet earth
Nebulae
i bought a membership that starts tomorrow i'm gonna get ripped boys trust me
biggerstronger.jpg

D

Deleted member 332

I don't go to the gym, I actually do my workouts at home. Daily I do about 30 sit-ups, 30 second planking, 5 push ups and 5 tricep push-ups. I repeat this process about four times and then on the fifth I do 40 sit-ups, 45 second planking, 10 push-ups and 10 tricep push-ups. I gradually go higher when I feel like I physically can. Oh, also, today I added the sitting workout thing, where you sit without a chair. Did 45 seconds of it per round, on the last round, I did 1 minute, really hurt my legs, jesus.

Edit: Downside to not going to the gym is that you really need to be able to motivate yourself, other than that, it kind of just works out, I suppose. I do these daily since about last month, the month before I got my wisdom teeth removed and lost about 7 kilos cause I couldn't eat anything, now since I lost that much, I thought it was a good idea to start, so I did. I already lost about 13-15 kilos.

That's sick dude. Honestly music helps so much for me. Mixing different tempos for different workouts helps too. When I'm on the barbell I listen to this on fucking repeat

THE TESTOSTERONE UNGH

I'm getting dejavu of the first time I did squats properly and overdid it to the point where I tried walking up the stairs and ended up just not being able to force my leg to lift me up, then proceeding to fall down the stairs after about three steps.

Don't overdo it kids :(

Leg day is genuinely the most painful experience. I always do it at home otherwise I look like I've shat myself waddling out of the gym

Reactions: List

Gungeoneer

Your neighbourly friendly guy.
Nebulae
i bought a membership that starts tomorrow i'm gonna get ripped boys trust me
Only one's stopping you is yourself, you gotta bring a lot of motivation. Trust me, the two past days it's been kind of difficult to get me motivated, so I didn't do as much, but today it oddly enough wasn't that bad, and I felt like I could take on the world, so I actually did way more than my usual routine.

TLDR; If you have a specific motivation, you'll get that goal in no time. ;)

Gungeoneer

Nebulae
That's sick dude. Honestly music helps so much for me. Mixing different tempos for different workouts helps too. When I'm on the barbell I listen to this on fucking repeat
Yep, music helps motivating in my opinion, without music it'd be hard as fuck to get myself motivated. I usually listen to rythmic kind of music, like these ones:

Also, I really want to get Beat Saber, it looks so fun, plus I heard it really gets you to sweat.

Gungeoneer

Nebulae
By the way, @Zyzz, try to do squats/sit-ups [sit-ups actually are quite easy with the song] / push ups or going into planking position then changing into push up position to this song, it's so incredibly hard to finish.

Zyzz

Proton
Nebulae
I haven't gone to the gym in awhile but I'm considering to start it up again, isn't it a bit overkill to work out 6 days a week though? Isn't your muscles supposed to repair with a one day break in-between workouts?
I've been working out for approximately five years. Taking breaks because I was quite young and stupid and burnt myself out, I currently feel almost addicted to working out. You use the last day of the week as a rest day for your entire body, Usually when I do my arms next day I'll do my legs while letting arms rest (even though most of the time I need to push myself to the extreme limit to feel any fatigue in my arms) If you eat correctly and get enough sleep, skipping an entire day isn't necessary

Zyzz

Proton
Nebulae
By the way, @Zyzz, try to do squats/sit-ups [sit-ups actually are quite easy with the song] / push ups or going into planking position then changing into push up position to this song, it's so incredibly hard to finish.

That literally sounds like a warmup. I don't really do planks anymore since I got to fifteen minutes and it was extremely boring being in a room on my own. I usually do a rollout exercise. When I use a wheel to roll myself out fully and then pull myself back in.

Also. This is one of my faves when I'm working out.

Gungeoneer

Nebulae
I got to fifteen minutes
what

You do this 5 years already - okay, then it's understandable that you get that much done easily, I suppose. Tell me, how long did it take for you personally to see results? Did it only take like 2-4 months or did it take way longer?

Zyzz

Proton
Nebulae
what

You do this 5 years already - okay, then it's understandable that you get that much done easily, I suppose. Tell me, how long did it take for you personally to see results? Did it only take like 2-4 months or did it take way longer?
Results in my body image, muscle gains or stamina ?
It depends from person to person. I started working out when I was fourteen so there wasn't much to gain. I only noticed large increase of muscle mass and ability to lift weights once I became fifteen / sixteen. It usually takes people around three to four months to notice any changes to their body.

Zyzz

Proton
Nebulae
@Gungeoneer After reading your previous post it seems like you're trying to lose weight instead of trying to gain pure muscle mass and getting 'shredded' as people including me say. My sole purpose in the gym is to get the perfect body imagine and become 'aesthetic' as weird as it might sound. Everyone has their reason why they go to the gym. Bodyweight wasn't really my reason, I was just skinny and wanted to change that.

Plankster

Atom
Nebulae
I hit the gym 4 times a week and been doing it for 2 years or so now. Usually stay there for 1 - 2 hours each time.

Started with just going once or twice a week though and for shorter periods of time.