Official Guide Fixing Content/Texture Errors

Status
Not open for further replies.

key

Nebulae
Some newcomers encounter errors with textures not loading frequently enough that I thought it'd be worth making a thread about, so you can try out these methods of fixing your content before you seek out additional support on the matter.

The first place you're going to want to start is by downloading the content, which I'll link below.

HL2RP CONTENT

If the content packs do not fix your issues, you can attempt the following methods to resolve them.

First of all, you're going to want to make sure you have all of the necessary games installed. Counter Strike: Source, Half Life 2: Episode 1/2 and of course Half Life 2 itself. You should have these games in your library, and installed:

mI5xi4s.png

If you don't have these games, all I can recommend is purchasing them from the Steam Store. They're well worth the buy as games in and of themselves, so even beyond buying them just for the sake of content - I'd still recommend them.

Next, you're going to want to make sure that all of these games are actually mounted to Garry's Mod. If they're not, the content won't load, and as a result you'll still face numerous texture/model issues.

To mount these games, first you'll need to open up Garry's Mod itself. In the bottom right corner of the main menu, you'll see a little game controller.

YeAAi5c.jpg

Go ahead and click on that, and you'll see the following:

pUJWegj.jpg

Make sure you've ticked all of the noted listings - once this is done the content will mount. All you need to do is restart Garry's Mod, and the game content should be completely mounted.

If further errors persist, you're not completely out of luck yet. Go ahead and head on over to your library once again, and find the five games (including GMod itself) required for content/gameplay. Right click on one of them, and you'll see this menu pop up:

ZVPSiQu.png

Go ahead and click on properties, and you'll get this window

xtIcAMj.png

Click on local files

ysGK7Mv.png

Then click on "Verify Integrity of Game Files" as noted above. This process can be completed for GMod, CS:S, HL2, and HL2 Episodes 1-2. This will check each of your games for files that may have been corrupted or deleted one way or another. If it discovers that not all of the files are functioning properly, it will reaquire them and potentially fix some issues you may be having.

Some texture and model issues may be encountered by conflicting addons - due to the sheer number of content packs and whatnot out there it's impossible to determine which do and do not cause issues - but if you're aware of any that do, feel free to let me know.

Additionally, if you have any methods that can be utilized to fix content issues - you can also message me. I'll add it to the list. (You'll be credited, of course.)

Content which adds HL2 based textures or models may interfere with HL2RP content. Additionally, there's a potential that certain military based content packs may cause trouble with WW3, but I can't say for sure.

Attempting re-installations of GMod/Other games may be worthwhile, as well as going through and unsubscribing from outdated addons.

More methods may be added in the future, with detailed instructions.

If you're still encountering issues after attempting the above methods, you may want to seek out additional support on this board, or other technical support forums that provide assistance with source games.

Content that has been known to cause conflictions in the past
  • TnB HL2 Content [HL2RP]

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.