(for the millionth time) How I think FTRP could be done better.

Chicken

Nihilanth
B A N N E D
Nebulae
HL2RP is based on a game
WW3RP takes examples and inspiration from previous historival events that took place in the real world

What I am goint at is that these two have a foundation to work on and take inspiration from. FTRP does not have a solid source other than the short lore thread, as far as I remember. It was destined to burn out, ideas becoming monotone, repetitive and unoriginal.

I liked FTRP but the lore was inconsistent, exceptions constantly made and the choice of maps also was mostly from something else, taken out-of-context.

Goatson

Guardian
Nebulae
I liked FTRP but the lore was inconsistent, exceptions constantly made and the choice of maps also was mostly from something else, taken out-of-context.
Which is why many suggest a more well-developed and concrete lore would help improve it a lot.

Reactions: List

Chicken

Nihilanth
B A N N E D
Nebulae
Which is why many suggest a more well-developed and concrete lore would help improve it a lot.
Unless you are gonna write a multi-page lore document it will never be concrete enough without any other refference

And nobody is gonna read a huge ass lore document

It's easier said than done.

Dr.Towers

Nucleus
Nebulae
The first iteration of the lore was basically a crossbreed of Resident Evil, Last of Us and Xmen, then it eventually got mixed with Fallout New Vegas and finally STALKER

D

Deleted member 930

If you don't mind can someone tell me in short what FTRP , I heard it was Lemonpunch thing back then

steve maxwell

Proton
Nebulae
If you don't mind can someone tell me in short what FTRP , I heard it was Lemonpunch thing back then
It was set in North america, after a mutagen created by the eponymous Frundtech was leaked into the public. the Mutagen, which could give you either x men level powers or make you into a horrific beast, caused so much destruction and chaos that it forced all of the USA to be quarantined. The main setting began 5 years after the intial outbreak, with a group of survivors living in a small town, being preyed on by feral mutants (the guys who became monsters) Bandits, and Frundtech themselves.

you could acutally apply to be a mutant, and you would be able to RP using a power (like spitting acid) But you were in danger of frundtech capturing you and taking you to their lab.

Goatson

Guardian
Nebulae
I see a bit unfortunate that it didn't work out in practice would have played it for testing
It did work in practice though, until it was eventually put into the hands of uninterested staff, which was detrimental every time since staff is a lot more relied on and essential in it than something like WW3 and HL2 and it never had that many

Mic15000

The Underdog
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
FT was truly a fantastic concept and server and one of the best gamemodes I played. I did see that in the end many of the stuff were un'interresed and that was wrong, I think FT could have had a chance with more determined staff and a clear objective, I made my own objective and as such I didn't get bored.

Uranio

Atom
Nebulae
FT was truly a fantastic concept and server and one of the best gamemodes I played. I did see that in the end many of the stuff were un'interresed and that was wrong, I think FT could have had a chance with more determined staff and a clear objective, I made my own objective and as such I didn't get bored.
I got pked, and I cried. I hate that mode

(I approve your idea)

RaphaelDeFusco

Electron
Nebulae
I remember that when I ran for Mayor I got a good chunk of the playerbase to desire to vote for me, because I was offering to create plantages to provide food and work for the town inhabitants. If it was to be revived the PvE elements need to be the focus of the gamemode, allowing playerbase the creative freedom to shape the server for the better or worse. The staff team would need to be heavily event focused in order to create a feeling of "We're in this boat together".

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
I went on FTRP for a while, I had fun. It's definitely a flexible setting but at the same time it's clear that without any real set framework, things can spiral and people will get disinterested or annoy people with how the lore suddenly shifts away from what was expected.

My main memory was @slugman hosting an event at the airfield and it turns out it was a trap and I'm p.sure when he tried to hold up the group from his wheelchair he got shot or something lmao

Mic15000

The Underdog
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
I went on FTRP for a while, I had fun. It's definitely a flexible setting but at the same time it's clear that without any real set framework, things can spiral and people will get disinterested or annoy people with how the lore suddenly shifts away from what was expected.

My main memory was @slugman hosting an event at the airfield and it turns out it was a trap and I'm p.sure when he tried to hold up the group from his wheelchair he got shot or something lmao

There was an event in the airfield where me and other 3 people where helping a guy that turned out to be a serial killer, we burned a guy alive and then the miltary came in, I QUICKLY shifted the blame on a bald guy to my left and I treathened the others to do the same in whisper, they all did and we blamed it on the the bald guy, the military got to him and in the end he was PKed, there was a lot of tension in that moment, and it wasn't a s2k nor a scripted sequence, those are the kind of thing that made me love FT.

Tinbe

Molecule
Nebulae
I loved FTRP to pieces, but this is one of the big drawbacks (or several of them)
liked FTRP but the lore was inconsistent, exceptions constantly made and the choice of maps also was
Some examples stand out the most in my memory from LP.
  • Mutant rules stating no magical powers like throwing fireballs
    • First event mutant literally on fire and tossing fireballs around.
  • Both NRF (tribal oogaboogas) and UPM (super militarymen) antagonizing mutants when the two factions first launched with change into QZRP
    • Even more so when it was silently changed so that NRF saw mutation as good. I pointed this out and got chewed hard for some reason. I could remember horribly wrong though, I feel like I was kinda oddball at the time.
  • Massive fuckoff wall being built up out of nothing
  • FAMINE
Still, the gamemode had its charms, buuut the flaws were kind of too glaring.