Fortnite

Codfather

Shit fuck
Nebulae
i get people meme it on here but it's a genuinely good game mechanically if you can get past the general playerbase and go onto actual skilled matchmaking.

On the real though, any of you guys play Fortnite? I haven't seen a thread just for fortnite on here, maybe there's just no interest in the game on this forum.

Fortnite's Esport scene grew a shit ton lately, especially with the world cup and stuff.

Reactions: List

Codfather

Shit fuck
Nebulae
good

dont play it
i mean, it's probably one of the most skilled games out there tbf, I see no reason not to play it. Especially when there's prize pools involved that are pretty easily obtained, it's pretty nuts really.

Luft

a bad memer
Nebulae
i mean, it's probably one of the most skilled games out there tbf, I see no reason not to play it. Especially when there's prize pools involved that are pretty easily obtained, it's pretty nuts really.
then play apex legends

it requires more than just to spam stupid buildings and corner peeking with thirdperson

Codfather

Shit fuck
Nebulae
then play apex legends

it requires more than just to spam stupid buildings and corner peeking with thirdperson
'Spam buildings' is just not how it is, it's a lot deeper than that. If you watched some of the gameplay now, and not just Public games it'd shock you.

`impulse

Head Staff
Nebulae
then play apex legends

That’s an unbelievably shallow viewpoint

The skill ceiling difference between fortnite and any other br game is immense

PilotBland

community antagonizer
Nebulae
That’s an unbelievably shallow viewpoint

The skill ceiling difference between fortnite and any other br game is immense

I think making a fort you practiced alone for 3 hours in a millisecond isn't reflective of skill just, tons of practice of the exact same formula that'll get you to win most of your engagements.

apex is nice, apex has a lot of abilities you have to master if you play with random 3 mans who also want the same character you'll play so you'll probably have three 'mains', with shooting, slide, etc.

i'm not on the fortnite hate bandwagon as much as i say i think apex has a rougher skill ceiling to accomplish your goal of being #1.

`impulse

Head Staff
Nebulae
I think making a fort you practiced alone for 3 hours in a millisecond isn't reflective of skill just, tons of practice of the exact same formula that'll get you to win most of your engagements.

apex is nice, apex has a lot of abilities you have to master if you play with random 3 mans who also want the same character you'll play so you'll probably have three 'mains', with shooting, slide, etc.

i'm not on the fortnite hate bandwagon as much as i say i think apex has a rougher skill ceiling to accomplish your goal of being #1.
Skill is usually just tons of practice with the exact same formula. Actually good players play with a lot more nuance in terms of building - they don't just spam the same ramp or crank them 90s only. Playing around builds brings a whole new level of depth with edits, verticality, weapons that can counter building in general, etc.

A lot of hate comes from people not willing to put in the effort to learn the building mechanics to actually get good at it. It might not be for you (it's certainly not for me) but you can't brush aside building as if it's some gimmick that doesn't take any effort to get good at since it's been very clearly demonstrated otherwise

aperson

Molecule
Nebulae
fun game to play with mates with nothing to do
just dont like it when i take a potshot and the person builds a recreation of the twin towers

Mic15000

The Underdog
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
I don't like the building mechanic in fortnite that's it, I'm not good at it and simply don't like having to build huge towers to defeat someone else, can it be fun? sure. Not for me do, I do a like apex more, not to say ONE GAME IS SUPERIOR, they all have their playerbase, while fortnite is clearly marketed toward a younger demographics (Which does attract some predatory tactics, not from Epic but from third parties trying to sell skins to children) Apex seems to be more targeting teens.

Fortnite skill curve is pretty high to learn how to build a big fort if you master it you pretty much win. I just don't like the gameplay of it but they do have some great cross-over events and those make install it once and then un-install it cause they are fun. Still as my go to battle royale I still prefer Apex but while fortnite can be "Cringy" it's not really an expect I look into it, everything can be cringe if you act like it is.

But you have to thank Fortnite for a lot of great memes

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
im not a fan of fortnite involving building a 15 foot high tower in order to get an advantage in a fight

i've always played it like a shooter and haven't killed barely anyone in it as a result

game's at its worst when a fight starts and no one fires because they're too busy building their tower

Codfather

Shit fuck
Nebulae
I think making a fort you practiced alone for 3 hours in a millisecond isn't reflective of skill just, tons of practice of the exact same formula that'll get you to win most of your engagements..

My friend, what do you think any professional in any sport does, they practice alone or with others to get better at what they do, this is how you develop a skill, what you literally just described contradicts your statement of needing no skill, when clearly it does.

If you actually play the game, you will actually understand how deep the mechanics are and how outplaying an opponent isn't even just who builds the tallest tower.

A lot of ignorance comes from older players because of the playerbase of mainly kids. But we need to understand this is how things need to be if esports can continue to grow.

Kids play football, kids play from young ages to get experience to play as adults. Its just the fact the internet connects these kids to us so we have that interaction that older players of football do not have with the younger generation.

Please, rather than just following an opinion you watch on commentary channels on you tube, play the game and actually understand it.

Here's a video I made, you don't see me building massive towers because I never do that, I've placed 115th in europe in the most recent trio cash cup series, I'm not boasting, I'm just saying this to give my point a more solid backbone in the words I say.

Last edited:

ruben slikk

life aint shut but a fat vagin
Nebulae
e60da0fcde574d465a9a6b91cbaf223b.png

tried playing hl2rp and it made me so bored that i reinstalled fortnite lmaooo

anyone wanna play when this shit is done?

Nebulae
i get people meme it on here but it's a genuinely good game mechanically if you can get past the general playerbase and go onto actual skilled matchmaking.

On the real though, any of you guys play Fortnite? I haven't seen a thread just for fortnite on here, maybe there's just no interest in the game on this forum.

Fortnite's Esport scene grew a shit ton lately, especially with the world cup and stuff.
I have mixed opinions on fortnite in general. It has it's good moments but also bad ones