FPS Lag Spike During GunFights

Laith_TheDemon

Electron
Nebulae
Hello, my FPS keeps spiking to a level where my screen freezes, mid-gunfight, this can be especially dangerous as it happens in close range gunfights mostly, I have a very powerful PC, and I have my Garry's mod on very low Graphical settings, does anyone know a fix to this, or some way to decrease the gunshot effect quality.

Reactions: List

Matthew

ok
Nebulae
I have the exact same problem bro, I was running and suddenly we got shot at, where I froze for 30 seconds, unfroze to have been killed. Pls, someone help me and this fellow friend.

Laith_TheDemon

Electron
Nebulae
I have the exact same problem bro, I was running and suddenly we got shot at, where I froze for 30 seconds, unfroze to have been killed. Pls, someone help me and this fellow friend.
It isn't as bad for me, I freeze for 2 seconds or so, every once in a while, it's still not too good, as those 2 seconds can mean the difference between life and death, close range

Kafe

Level Design nomad
Nebulae
Is this on HL2RP or WW3RP?
I've been getting some seriously bad freezing on HL2RP lately, checking my task manager has been showing random but brief spikes that uses up 100% of the cpu when playing. Had to cut back on how much I play because it is really starting to strain my hardware and kill performance elsewhere.

Laith_TheDemon

Electron
Nebulae
Is this on HL2RP or WW3RP?
I've been getting some seriously bad freezing on HL2RP lately, checking my task manager has been showing random but brief spikes that uses up 100% of the cpu when playing. Had to cut back on how much I play because it is really starting to strain my hardware and kill performance elsewhere.
CPU Spikes seem to be the Issue for me, as well, this is on WW3RP, but it also happens on another game modes, the problem is from Garry's mod itself, not the servers, I've tried setting it on realtime priority from the task manager, no noticeable difference honestly.