Serious FPS Stuttering

Anti-tankspy

Nucleus
Nebulae
So, I've had this problem for like, three months now.

Everytime I boot up a game (whether it's gmod, csgo, hoi4, whatever), I get high FPS for like the first five minutes and everything goes perfectly for a short while. Afterwards, My FPS stays the same. I don't know how to explain it, but what happens is that the game literally freezes for one second, and afterwards it runs slower than it's supposed to run (even though my FPS is high) and this 'freezing' literally happens every four seconds or so. I've checked the insides of my laptop, and every part from the inside seems to be perfectly intact. I really think that it's Windows 10 that's causing this issue, but I don't know.

Any help with this issue would be greatly appreciated.

axido

whatttttttt
Nebulae
  • check cpu/gpu tempeatures
  • check cpu/gpu usage
  • update drivers
  • try running in windowed/fullscreen/borderless mode
  • close down unnecessary shit
  • run an antivirus scan

Reactions: List

The Rock

The Rock
Nebulae
I had an issue like this with my computer, ended up being an issue with my HDD since it was so old, so upgrading them helped a shit tonne, computer feels like it's brand new again, so check like you disk usage on your task manager whatever, see if that's the problem.

Anti-tankspy

Nucleus
Nebulae
  • check cpu/gpu tempeatures
  • check cpu/gpu usage
  • update drivers
  • try running in windowed/fullscreen/borderless mode
  • close down unnecessary shit
  • run an antivirus scan
did all of this, nothing really came out of it
I had an issue like this with my computer, ended up being an issue with my HDD since it was so old, so upgrading them helped a shit tonne, computer feels like it's brand new again, so check like you disk usage on your task manager whatever, see if that's the problem.
I've recently had one replaced and my laptop was running well for the first week or two.

EDIT: I think I've figured it out. This problem occured after I've installed the latest updates for Windows 10. I'll try downgrading it and see if that settles it.

Rictalspace

Manager of Fist Industries
Nebulae
I had the same problem on Windows 10 for a while, I always found it was when I alt-tabbed and when back into the game it started. Haven’t found a fix yet but keeping my HDD clear helps I believe