fucked up models on WW3RP

heaveN

bomber rat
Nebulae

hello my friends
as you can see in the video below, the MW2 spetznas model looks really fucked, completely polished, it's breaking my immersion, I tried to change my graphic settings, like 4 or 5 times, verified the cache of the game, deleted the addon and unsubscribed it, but the same problem still occur
help please

i have mat_specular set to zero aswell

Reactions: List

overki11

Electron
Nebulae
well, as you know, keeping equipment in pristine condition is how you win a war. the uniforms are obviously polished by the glorious soldiers of the coalition.

steambored

Make no mistake, this is a one-way trip.
Nebulae
did you try turning it off and on???

ok so, i dont know what causes this, but it could be caused by map or its ur gmod acting up, in which case i suggest you to reinstall gmod or try and remove every addon then subscribe to them and remove everything in addon folder.

also make sure u dont have playermodel versions

Votra

Retired
Nebulae
Unless we just got new models and I wasn't there for it, you have the wrong model and its over-riding the current.

Now I doubt that's happening so assuming these are the new models, there is a couple issues...
  • These models are improperly rigged, always have been from the best of my knowledge.
  • You may have some commands running in your autoexec or otherwise causing this?
Do me a favor, and copy&paste your autoexec in here and let me take a look at it.
Check to make sure you don't have more than one addon that is this model too, that causes this.

Otherwise, not entirely sure, perhaps I can try to reproduce the issue. I have a friend who is a Blender god who may even take a look at these.

Anyways, good luck, hope I can help you out.

(Also @spectry mentioned the redundant addon thing in proper detail, make sure you have the right version, and better yet if you do, try the wrong one and remove the right one!)

heaveN

bomber rat
Nebulae
yo
we have indeed new models for the coalition since 3 or 4 days now

here my autoexec:

gmod_mcore_test 1
mat_queue_mode -1
cl_threaded_bone_setup 1 // enables multi-threading, for multi-threaded CPUs. You probably have one.

cl_threaded_client_leaf_system "1" // A likely soon-to-be deprecated cvar, but it still works.

// == multi-threading, legacy == \\
r_threaded_particles 1
r_threaded_renderables 1
r_queued_ropes 1
r_threaded_client_shadow_manager 1
r_threaded_particles 1
r_threaded_renderables 1
snd_mix_async 1
in_usekeyboardsampletime 1 // the following is older cvars used for multi-threading, I've always used them, but I'm not sure if they're still as robust as they were.

cl_forcepreload 1
cl_cmdrate 67
cl_updaterate 67
rate 30000 // If you have a poor connection, not nesscarily meaning ping because that's mainly a geographical factor, change 67 to 33, and rate 30000 to 25000.

mat_dxlevel 95 // Sets the DirectX Software level to 9.5. Is known to deter crashes.
mat_specular 0 // Removes shiny effect on textures.
r_3dsky 0 // Removes the backgrounds to maps, gives some proper frames.

cl_ejectbrass 0 // Removes the brass eject effect.
muzzleflash_light 0 // Removes the light from muzzle-flash, there is still a muzzle-flash though.
r_drawflecks 0 // God damnit I forgot what this one does.
cl_wpn_sway_interp 0 // Removes weapon sway, unless weapon sway is otherwise affected by a 3rd-party script.

menu_cleanupgmas // Removes any add-on, or .gma files if you prefer, that you aren't subscribed too.

// Why doesn't this autoexec include all the fancy r_ & mat_ graphical cvars to make the game look terrible so I can get THOUSANDS of FRAMES?!?!
// Because anything you have to change that's significant to performance and the visual fidelity of the game is in the advanced video options menu.
// Also - most of those commands from say, FPSBoost.cfg, are deprecated or break certain scripts.

bind n "r_cleardecals" // This is just for me :).

alias walk_t "walk_one"
alias walk_one "alias walk_t walk_two; +forward; developer 1; echo (Walking); developer 0"
alias walk_two "alias walk_t walk_off; +forward; +speed; developer 1; echo (Running); developer 0"
alias walk_off "alias walk_t walk_one; -forward; -speed; developer 1; echo (Stopping); developer 0"

bind "SHIFT" "walk_t"

bind 0 "cwcmd me shakes his head, a common gesture where the head is turned on a transverse plane in quick succession. In many cultures, almost universally, it is used to indicate disagreement, denial or rejection."

// Have something to add, some suggestion, want to critique my autoexec and make me sound stupid? Please leave a reply on the thread.
// Made this for my gents und ladies. over at www.nebulous.cloud.

echo "autoexec.cfg loaded"
echo ""
echo "Votra's dope autoexec.cfg made from an old cfg and tested for you... loaded."

I actually tried to unsubscribe all my addons and reinstall them ( including deleting them in the addon folder )
But i still have the same issue

here the model link:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=225789065