Futurama Revival @ Hulu

Mute

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
https://variety.com/2022/tv/news/futurama-revival-hulu-1235176203/

“the streaming service has ordered 20 new episodes of the adult animated sci-fi comedy series.”

“Original series cast members Billy West, Katey Sagal, Tress MacNeille, Maurice LaMarche, Lauren Tom, Phil LaMarr and David Herman will all return. John DiMaggio, who voiced Bender and several minor characters, is not currently attached. According to an individual with knowledge of the project, the producers are hopeful DiMaggio will return. Should that not happen, Bender will be recast.“

“Production will begin this month with an eye towards a 2023 premiere.”

“It’s a true honor to announce the triumphant return of ‘Futurama’ one more time before we get canceled abruptly again,” added Groening.

-

Pretty excited for this, even if the later seasons were a bit weaker than the originals

I think I’ve watched so much Futurama that I can practically recite every episode off the top of my head

'77 East

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
Should that not happen, Bender will be recast.“
really can't see the same potential from a recasted actor but maybe that's just me

hopefully the writing holds up

Mute

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
really can't see the same potential from a recasted actor but maybe that's just me

hopefully the writing holds up
Dimaggio’s shown interest on his twitter, I really doubt he’s getting replaced, prob just an earlier announcement

Deleted member 61

donator without a cause
Nebulae
i will have to consult with my people to see if the risk of being disappointed outweights the possibility of this being good.

Andrew

Atom
Nebulae
potential to make better episodes than the comedy central revival and make people realize how awful most of the comedy central episodes were
other than that should stay dead

avralwobniar

Atom
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Pretty excited for this, even if the later seasons were a bit weaker than the originals
I don't have much faith in it. a Bender voice change could be enough to ruin the entire thing for me, you don't notice how much it matters until it's long gone

Sil

jus one more fing
Nebulae
Futurama had a very pleasant ending.

As much as I want Futurama back, I'm very pessimistic over it. Their last episode was a very clever way to finish the series as a whole, and attempting to bring it all back would either require that episode being retconned or being chronologically pushed really far down the line, depending on how many more new episodes come out.

Though, knowing them, there's bound to be a clever way to retcon it in the first episode.

john

barbecue chips aint shit
Nebulae
its got the best ending of like any show ever the whole schtick is that you can watch episode 1 right after watching the last episode in fact that's how they ran it when it was on TV originally, first episode lined up right after the last.

i dont see how they'd continue it without suggesting the crew did more stuff inbetween or doing some wacky alternate timeline stuff
they did secure bender VO tho which is cool