Gameplay Update #3

`impulse

Head Staff
Nebulae
Cars! More bug squashing! Hopefully we got rid of some really nasty ones like the animation looping, but they're more persistent than you might think...

We encourage you to continue posting your feedback in the bugs and suggestions forum!

Changes
  • Buy your very own vehicle at Premium Deluxe Motorsport!
  • Radio and phone volumes can now be adjusted
  • Lost/stolen driver's licenses can now be replaced
  • Police can now fingerprint suspects
  • Food at BurgerShot can now be prepped a bit quicker
  • Businesses can now view their bank accounts

Fixes
  • Updated our animation system to fix animation looping/stuck props/disabled movement issues - it's possible that some of these issues may still occur, but it should happen much less frequently
  • Fixed low quality texture pop-in at Sandy Shores
  • Fixed the emote selector sometimes getting stuck on screen
  • Fixed phone apps sometimes not closing properly
  • Fixed speeding display not working on police vehicles
  • Fixed taxi cars not being removed when clocking out
  • Fixed tasers triggering police dispatch notifications
  • Fixed MDT sometimes not showing active warrants
  • Fixed weapons in a glovebox/trunk showing on the driver's back
  • Fixed being able to receive multiple phone calls at once

key

Nebulae
What u going to do if it isnt huh, impound my box car???? It isn't even mine!!!!!!!
right-to-jail-jail.gif

Reactions: List

Deleted member 442

Molecule
B A N N E D
Nebulae
Are we going to see some economic-focused changes soon?

The general consensus seems to be like everything revolving around the economy really feels shitty, from the cost of (shitty) cars, simple bicycles, food and drink (why tf does water cost more than soda???), fuel, other items (a flimsy lockpick shouldn't be $300 if it breaks after 1 fail), and the payouts from legal jobs seem to just be a real sore spot for many in particular.

No one wants to do delivery jobs up north, and tbh, I don't think anyone wants to do them at all with how little you get paid. Fishing pays dick compared to the time and effort put in, especially.

Even if there's no immediate change on the horizon regarding that stuff, it'd be nice to hear from the devs about what they plan on doing to address the discontent around the current economic situation.

Señor Jaggles

Local Spaniard
Nebulae
No one wants to do delivery jobs up north, and tbh, I don't think anyone wants to do them at all with how little you get paid.

I do 4 in the city, go to a close place, and get 200$ per run, not too bad

I'd need time to try the ones up north and measure time and reward to be sure

Deleted member 442

Molecule
B A N N E D
Nebulae
I do 4 in the city, go to a close place, and get 200$ per run, not too bad

I'd need time to try the ones up north and measure time and reward to be sure

someone actually already did this in a whole thread dedicated to upping the payouts.

The time aside, $200 for 4 boxes, $400 for 8 boxes, and $600 for 12 boxes kinda doo doo, ESPECIALLY for out of city deliveries. On its own it doesn't sound too bad right, in a vacuum? But when looking at the cost of everything else in the city it's pretty low.

That's not even including the low payouts from trash pickup, taxi-ing, and fishing, all of which pay incredibly low considering the time investment involved.

key

Nebulae
I think auto loans/mortgages for big purchases would be cool since in real life you don't really ever buy things like that in cash anyways. Not sure how feasible that kind of thing would be, but maybe you have to repay the loans and if you don't, you lose access to whatever you've bought through repo/foreclosure. I might write up a suggestion on this in the forum section but not sure what people might think of it.

Seems like a way to make those things accessible without inflating the economy with liquid cash.

Deleted member 442

Molecule
B A N N E D
Nebulae
I think auto loans/mortgages for big purchases would be cool since in real life you don't really ever buy things like that in cash anyways. Not sure how feasible that kind of thing would be, but maybe you have to repay the loans and if you don't, you lose access to whatever you've bought through repo/foreclosure. I might write up a suggestion on this in the forum section but not sure what people might think of it.

Seems like a way to make those things accessible without inflating the economy with liquid cash.

Loans should be entirely player driven imo. Having state backed loans never goes well and will eventually just lead to a really fucked up and overinflated economy.

Let the rich rich players (when that time eventually comes) do a loan business.

And tbh I can definitely see a small group of chucklefucks just constantly mortgaging the same house and cycling it between other people in the same group of friends.

key

Nebulae
Loans should be entirely player driven imo. Having state backed loans never goes well and will eventually just lead to a really fucked up and overinflated economy.

Let the rich rich players (when that time eventually comes) do a loan business.
Bank/state loans, if done at all, should be limited only to home/auto purchases imo. This doesn't actually put money in the hands of the individual, just pays for something on a line of credit. Actual cash loans being player driven does sound more interesting, but I think auto loans/mortgages could be a way to jumpstart things and get people access to things like player homes and vehicles early on to keep stuff going.

edit;
Mainly because we're going to need players to actually get wealthy first before they can start issuing loans to people, and I think maybe this could be a stopgap of some kind.

Deleted member 442

Molecule
B A N N E D
Nebulae
Bank/state loans, if done at all, should be limited only to home/auto purchases imo. This doesn't actually put money in the hands of the individual, just pays for something on a line of credit. Actual cash loans being player driven does sound more interesting, but I think auto loans/mortgages could be a way to jumpstart things and get people access to things like player homes and vehicles early on to keep stuff going.

edit;
Mainly because we're going to need players to actually get wealthy first before they can start issuing loans to people, and I think maybe this could be a stopgap of some kind.

by time we even have purchasable homes and apartments available players will probably have the cash on hand tbh. right now there's literally nothing to jumpstart access to except over priced, really shitty and rusted out cars and people have no cash because the legal job payouts are super low compared to the cost of existing goods.

i really don't think we need state provided house/car loans. shitty/low tier cars should just be made more affordable, bicycles especially are super over priced for what you're getting.

if a player is seeking out a good car or a nice house/apartment they should just buy that with their own funds, or funds loaned from other people imo.