Garry's Mod Screen Freeze

Sir Frost

Electron
Nebulae
For the last week or two, when playing Garry's Mod, my screen will freeze but I can still hear the game playing in the background. I can hear people walking and typing but I'm just looking at a frozen frame until I open task manager and end task. It happens at completely random intervals, could be within 10 minutes of playing or after a few hours.

Can somebody help me with this please? It's driving me fucking insane.

karl-police

Nucleus
Nebulae
For the last week or two, when playing Garry's Mod, my screen will freeze but I can still hear the game playing in the background. I can hear people walking and typing but I'm just looking at a frozen frame until I open task manager and end task. It happens at completely random intervals, could be within 10 minutes of playing or after a few hours.

Can somebody help me with this please? It's driving me fucking insane.

Wait, so the screen freezes and you hear sounds?
And you don't hear like a sound that is also frozen, like

Boom and then it does like boo boo boo boo boo boo boo boo boo until it works again? If you understand what I mean.

When a kid is saying Hello and your game freezes then you hear like the first part of it constantly until the freeze is gone, do you understand is it that?

Sir Frost

Electron
Nebulae
Wait, so the screen freezes and you hear sounds?
And you don't hear like a sound that is also frozen, like

Boom and then it does like boo boo boo boo boo boo boo boo boo until it works again? If you understand what I mean.

When a kid is saying Hello and your game freezes then you hear like the first part of it constantly until the freeze is gone, do you understand is it that?
I've fixed it now, Karl. I solved it by lowering my core clock in afterburner.

Thanks anyway, Karl!

Reactions: List