1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Denied Geoff Teague Appeal

Discussion in 'Accepted/Denied Appeals' started by Aleyboy, Jan 7, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aleyboy

Aleyboy Neutrino

Nebulae:
    Steam Name: Aleyboy
    Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:41127591

Character Name: Geoff Teague
    Member of Staff Who Banned Your Character: @axid

Why Should Your Character Be Unbanned?
    As far as im aware the main reason that the character was perma killed was as punishment (Amputation) for running really. Long story short; I was running down the alleyway, and ran under a scanner at the corner, kept running and outran the scanner. Next thing i'm stood in McKarls buying a drink, four units show up and lead me away. They tell me to face the wall, I get knocked unconscious then killed. Then the char gets permabanned.

Evidence:
    I don't really see how there could be any other evidence to support how this happened. There would really be no logs while im running, or anything to show my contact with the scanner. Its just a really vague situation, at the end of the day.

Other Players Involved:
    I only know who banned me, console would be able to show the unit that amputated me, aswell as the scanner at the time.

Any Other Details:
    Honestly I just thought that this was a really stupid thing to have a character banned over, especially a character holding some loyalist points. I understand that its a really vague report but this is literally as simple as it was. It all probably took less than five minutes from start to end.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • nebulous nebulous x 2
  2. axid

axid union bias man
    HL2 RP Operator Premium Member

Nebulae:
    Code:
    [20:23:00] C08:i1.QUICK-6 has killed Geoff Teague with H&K USP-Match.
    QUICK-6, @Jaydawg was the unit that killed you. I merely just ran the /charban command to ban your character.

3. Jaydawg

Jaydawg The LoneWolf
    Premium Member

Nebulae:
    Right so dispatch tagged you as a BOL for 15 verdict (Movement Transgression) . @Solicitous I think was the person who was dispatch at time but i'm not sure. However, we found you at the Pickle Tickle, which I told dispatch that I found you and I was moving to prosecute for 15. However, dispatch said your citizenship was revoked and to amputate you which we did. But we were confused on why your citizenship was revoked so because all we knew was you were tagged for 15. So we asked but got no response however @FurryPumpkin got a pm from dispatch saying you were tagged for 505 which is why your citizenship was revoked and was amputated.

4. FurryPumpkin

FurryPumpkin Cohesive Boy
    Premium Member

Nebulae:
    Just posting what was exactly stated.
    [PM] AW:SCN-10 -> C08:i2.VICE-7: I'm GLAD that you asked.
    [PM] AW:SCN-10 -> C08:i2.VICE-7: You see, I tagged him with 505 without informing you. I didn't expect for you lot to be so resilient to such a blunt command without specifying its '' '' heuristics '' ''.

5. Aleyboy

Aleyboy Neutrino

Nebulae:
    So in the Queen's English, what exactly does that mean?

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. FurryPumpkin

FurryPumpkin Cohesive Boy
    Premium Member

Nebulae:
    505 EVASION BEHAVIOUR | Committing a crime and then openly evading protection teams attempting to halt the individual.

7. Jaydawg

Jaydawg The LoneWolf
    Premium Member

Nebulae:
    You were killed for 505 Evasion Behaviour | Committing a crime and then openly evading protection team. Or avoiding the scanner, I don't really know I was just following orders.

8. Aleyboy

Aleyboy Neutrino

Nebulae:
    So the crime was the running, and then the evasion was me not stopping running and then hiding from the scanner. Fair enough, I just thought this was a really weak reason to be pk'd, especially on a loyalist character.

---Edit---

Especially considering I wasn't actually told to stop IC

#8 Aleyboy, Jan 7, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 7
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
  9. Eridian

Eridian Nucleus
    HL2 RP Senior Administrator

Nebulae:
    @Solicitous , were you the dispatch? If so care to elaborate on the reason he was assigned a 505 transgression?

10. Solicitous

Solicitous Roleplay Police
    Premium Member

Nebulae:
    I haven't been given much time lately to spend on formulating an actual response to your appeal, neither do I have that time to do that right now so I'll be forced to make my reply rather brief. As you may have concluded by now, yes - I was the radio dispatcher at the time and yes, I tagged you with the aforementioned verdict(s) that led to your eventual amputation. I'll go throughout every fragment of the situation from my viewpoint and analyse it exclusively for this thread.

So?
    As an Airwatch unit just about to enter CS2 from the RB6 tunnel, I notice a random male - clad in a constructor's uniform - recklessly sprint past me and dash off behind the corner leading to the run-down courtyard without giving off any kind of a reaction to my presence. Instinctively, I follow your character - who then decides that the near-by ventilation system would be a good spot for concealing himself from the approaching scanner. Frankly enough, trying to hide from me and evade confrontation is, arguably, not something that your typical citizen would consider doing. Aware of your position and the assumption that you're virtually stuck within the small, enclosed space with (presumably) no chance of escape, I notify the local CP forces and await their arrival.

Your character is quick to acknowledge my message and crawls out of the vent, breaking out into a sprint towards CS3 once more for reasons unknown. Functionaries fill the scene, with only one of them noticing that you aren't at the reported area anymore, before pursuing you - hurriedly giving up in fear of being punished from detaching from his PT. Since scanners have a tendency to be quite slow, your character outruns me with little to no effort and then ends up either inside the vent of RB2 or the dumpster in front of RB1, the former being that much more likely.

Approximately six minutes after, patrolling units, by random chance, contain you - purchasing something from a store. It is apparent that you had gotten rid of your previous uniform, most likely in an attempt to disguise your appearance. All things considered, it didn't seem like your character wanted to be a part of the society too much and that is where I sealed it off. Afterwards, you were brought to HP-A and shot.

[​IMG]
    I don't know about you, but your perception of loyalism is rather strange.

What now?
    I won't provide any additional information unless completely necessary. All in all, the endeavours that your character took part in seemed way too far-fetched to be merely series of coincidences. The assigned verdict couldn't be any more valid and whenever your appeal is accepted or not really isn't up to me, if it happens to be - as usual, I don't oppose it in any way.

• nebulous nebulous x 5
    • Dumb Dumb x 2
  11. Eridian

Eridian Nucleus
    HL2 RP Senior Administrator

Nebulae:
    I personally, to be honest, would disagree with your execution of prosecution, let me elaborate:
    • Considering scanners don't actually relay orders to units and are merely flying cameras it would be safe to assume that the person metagamed hearing you, causing him to flee.
    • Fleeing from a scanner isn't actually a 505 verdict.
    • If you wanted the person investigated either quietly issue units to scan the region for him and zero him in whatever approximate location you assumed him to be in or simply perform a broadcast for him to confirm his civil status.
    • He wasn't technically aware that he was being hunted, granted his behavior appears as if he was but you can't know that, a simple search and prosecution would suffice in my eyes, maybe something slightly more extreme but not at a PK worthy level.
    HOWEVER, in contradiction to the aforementioned my opinion is just that, my opinion, you were dispatch at the time and said course of action seemed appropriate to you, and evidently still does so me undermining your capabilities is unnecessary seeing as your logic did hold weight and I'm more than confident in your dispatching abilities.

With the above held in mind-

DENIED

You were assigned a verdict and were found to then appropriately be prosecuted at overwatch's discretion.

#11 Eridian, Jan 10, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2017
    • Disagree Disagree x 12
    • nebulous nebulous x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.