Gmod crash

Edgelord Freeman

Electron
Nebulae
As the title says, my gmod tends to crash. Time varies after joining either HL2RP or WW3RP from 20 minutes up to an hour and 15 minutes or so. At that point, it blacks out, sending me to my desktop, usually freezing there forever so I need to forcefully turn it off. There were also some times this happened that alt tabbing into gmod solved this problem, but its getting really annoying especially when on patrol. If someone has any idea of what to do, please go ahead and reply.
EDIT: Also, a weird thing is that before, Gmod worked completely fine but after the windows and overall complete pc reinstall it began to do this shit. Windows 10 by the way.

munchm_

Proton
Nebulae
Exactly, If I knew that's not the problem I wouldn't bother to mention the version of my Windows.
I would recommend going back to 7, but it's going to be a hassle. Maybe try compatability mode for a different version of Windows instead when launching the game.

Edgelord Freeman

Electron
Nebulae
I would recommend going back to 7, but it's going to be a hassle. Maybe try compatability mode for a different version of Windows instead when launching the game.
Nah, I had Windows 10 before and reinstalled PC to Windows 10 again. Before, it had some problems too due to Windows 10 updates but I fixed them easily. My friend told me I should try to remove all my addons from the folder and try it then. Will see if that really works, and if not I will try your suggestion. Thanks for the reply.

Reactions: List