gmod crashes when downloading maps.

Raijiin

Electron
Nebulae
Hiya, so as the title states, gmod crashes when I'm downloading maps for either WW3rp and HL2rp, I tried doing all kinds of basic shit, and nothing got fixed.

So, I tought that If someone gave me the direct map file, I could place it in where it belongs, or maybe someone has knowledge on the problem, Thanks.

Raijiin

Electron
Nebulae
Yo @Atle would you have a direct download to your map so I can place it directly onto the gmod folder?

Atle

Electron
Nebulae
I don't really have a direct download for it, let us see if anyone has a solution for you. Otherwise I'll see what I can do for you, I'll be back soon if there's been no fixes.

Reactions: List

Raijiin

Electron
Nebulae
It seems it crashes on large file addons, what do I do ?

Raijiin

Electron
Nebulae
Bumpity bump, still stuck with the issue, If someone could help me out , would be very grateful

Raijiin

Electron
Nebulae
UPDATE: I got the map to work and tested entering the server without addons it worked, however, when disabled, it times me auto, saying that I will disconnect in 5XX seconds, if anyone got a fix, I'd be gratefull

Sulaco

Proton
Nebulae
UPDATE: I got the map to work and tested entering the server without addons it worked, however, when disabled, it times me auto, saying that I will disconnect in 5XX seconds, if anyone got a fix, I'd be gratefull
Uninstall and unsubscribe from all the addons, then just download the server content and try again.

Raijiin

Electron
Nebulae
Bumpity.

Update: Realized that I can join the server, play for a tiny bit, then have my internet fucking crash, like the router resets, I'm gonna change to see if it works.

green name

Proton
Nebulae
download all the content via steam workshop you need to join the server. disable download server content in the multiplayer tab in options on gmod, then join the server. same exact problem happened to me and that fixed it, however waiting for sending client info takes 5 minutes to load.

Reactions: List