Gmod crashes when joining server

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by bidde bop bop, Aug 14, 2019.

1. bidde bop bop

bidde bop bop Proton

Nebulae:
    Hi all, I'm currently trying to connect to the server and everything seems to be fine until the loading phase reaches "Sending Client Info". At this point the game crashes completely without any error message and sometimes does some sort of re-sync in steam after. I am using a 2013 imac and running windows 10 on a bootcamp partition, my specs are

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4570R CPU @ 2.70GHz
    Graphics Card: Intel(R) Iris(TM) Pro Graphics 5200
    RAM: 8GB

Initializing Awesomium..
    Parent cvar in server.dll not allowed (p2p_enabled)
    No Kinect SDK
    Addons have changes - remounting
    Extraction failed.. Oh oh! (C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/GarrysMod/garrysmod/addons/uu-branded_prop_pack_593929594.gma)
    END: DownloadAddons
    Addons have changes - remounting
    Not loading addon 'addons/uu-branded_prop_pack_593929594.gma' - file doesn't exist
    Couldn't mount addon [UU-Branded Prop Pack][addons/uu-branded_prop_pack_593929594.gma]
    Removing bad addon addons/uu-branded_prop_pack_593929594.gma

I have tried:
    • Restarting Steam/Device
    • Verifying game cache
    • Uninstalling gmod and deleting all game files
    • Deleting all additional content (Including other source content) and only using server content
    • Not allowing custom content download from servers in game options
    • Trying to load game in Mac OS (Same problem)
    I'm no expert with this stuff but I'm guessing the problem is that loading the server somehow overwhelms the computer even though I can play more demanding games pretty decently on it. All help would be much appreciated, thanks.

2. jb

jb Electron

Nebulae:
    This most likely won't solve anything, but have you tried removing and unsubscribing the UU-Branded Prop Pack?

3. bidde bop bop

bidde bop bop Proton

Nebulae:
    Yeah multiple times and tried downloading the original bioshock pack but doesn't seem to do anything.

4. jb

jb Electron

Nebulae:
    Try using this command:

mat_dxlevel 81

then try connecting to the server again

5. bidde bop bop

bidde bop bop Proton

Nebulae:
    nah same problem but thanks

6. Greaser

Greaser Neutrino
    Premium Member

Nebulae:
    I was bored so I looked up the situation on a variety of different sites with different results. Some of them being more complicated than others but the simple one I’d ask you to check would be to make sure your windows and drivers are all up to date as that was a common problem that flew under the radar for a lot of these peoples posts. A lot of them were using intel hardware in their toasters too. I’m not much of a tech guy but figured I’d offer some ideas for you to try.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice