Gmod crashing whilst attempting to join server

KillerKat

Electron
Nebulae
Whilst trying to join the server, Gmod crashes on me half way through the process, usually after getting stuck on an addon to be downloaded or function. I've tried removing my addons, reinstalling and validating my files and all have not fixed my problem.

How can I fix this?

ps, one time I was able to connect to the server yet I was stuck with a sending client info screen.

Powley

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
Try joining anther server first

Alternatively there use to be a fix relating to a .blob file? Can't remember the specifics of it but if you search gmod crash .blob you should see for yourself

Reactions: List

KillerKat

Electron
Nebulae
Try joining anther server first

Alternatively there use to be a fix relating to a .blob file? Can't remember the specifics of it but if you search gmod crash .blob you should see for yourself
Was able to join a TTT server before crashing after a few minutes of gameplay, maybe unrelated to the situation due to the mass errors
Unable to find anything on blob file fix
The model that my game gets stuck on downloading is models/grub_nugget_small.mdl

KillerKat

Electron
Nebulae
It appears that the speed that gmod runs at has severly decreased for some reason, despite the fact that nearly 450 addons of mine are gone, I have the minimum requirements for hl2rp as well as lowest graphic settings, and yet I'm receiving less fps than I had when I had 522 addons and a full disk of shit. I don't know why this is happening

GenericPlayer

i like firetruck and moster truck
Nebulae
It appears that the speed that gmod runs at has severly decreased for some reason, despite the fact that nearly 450 addons of mine are gone, I have the minimum requirements for hl2rp as well as lowest graphic settings, and yet I'm receiving less fps than I had when I had 522 addons and a full disk of shit. I don't know why this is happening
Open up Task Manager and post the findings here

KillerKat

Electron
Nebulae
Was able to fix it, found that computer was running the wrong graphics card for some reason as the slave i employ didn't plug a cable in right