Gmod, S&box, and Nebulous.cloud

Nebulae
Seeing as S&box, which can be seen as Gmod 2 is being developed, it raises the question of whether nebulous will forever be a Gmod community. Do you think that nebulous will eventually transition to S&box once it's released and other communities begin establishing themselves and transitioning there?

Trains

ms paint artist extraordinaire
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
psure alex said in the past this will be his last rodeo with hl2rp

same with most people

we’re getting old bro

saying that, it’d be amazing to see what can be done with it on a&e ox and i’ll definitely give it a play if someone makes it

Flanders

Atom
Nebulae
psure alex said in the past this will be his last rodeo with hl2rp

same with most people

we’re getting old bro

saying that, it’d be amazing to see what can be done with it on a&e ox and i’ll definitely give it a play if someone makes it
im not done yet

Reactions: List

Ricsow

professional retard
HL2 RP Administrator
Media Developer
Nebulae
Seeing as S&box, which can be seen as Gmod 2 is being developed, it raises the question of whether nebulous will forever be a Gmod community. Do you think that nebulous will eventually transition to S&box once it's released and other communities begin establishing themselves and transitioning there?
Honestly, I‘d expect we see atleast one person try it, or another community (Undetermined, Willard, etc.). All of the HL:A Assets are available, and the new Development tools are way more user-friendly than the Source 1 ones.

Flanders

Atom
Nebulae
if sandbox does ever release and its possible to migrate, i would seriously start mapping. I've tried it in the past but hammer 1 is too annoying to deal with. Source 2's mesh-based mapping looks like a 5 star prostitute by comparison.

Ricsow

professional retard
HL2 RP Administrator
Media Developer
Nebulae
if sandbox does ever release and its possible to migrate, i would seriously start mapping. I've tried it in the past but hammer 1 is too annoying to deal with. Source 2's mesh-based mapping looks like a 5 star prostitute by comparison.
I‘ve got experience with both, Source 2 is a million times better

Nebulae
how is hammer 2 different compared to hammer 1? what is mesh based mapping?

florek

Electron
Nebulae
how is hammer 2 different compared to hammer 1? what is mesh based mapping?
it's a completely different editor. It's (mostly) up to standard with modern day level maker programs. Don't ask me about the technicalities, I just know that it's up to date.

Check this video out and look for yourself ig

'77 East

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
what is mesh based mapping?
displacements/meshes that can be altered at will instead of the really shite limits that source 1 had (where displacements were constrained by 2004 level tech, took hours to shape and simply didn't mesh well with others/had a nasty habit of fucking the engine & physics over).