Gmod Singleplayer Issue

Ricsow

professional retard
HL2 RP Administrator
Media Developer
Nebulae
Whenever I boot up Gmod Singleplayer and start playing, everything is fine at the start, but the longer I play, the worse my FPS gets, until it‘s basically unplayable.

Graphics aren‘t the problem either, at least I think they aren‘t.

Also, for some really odd reason my FPS goes back up to around 200-300 when I noclip out of the map, or go into very specific rooms like the white room or the room with the big mirror on gm_construct

jb

Atom
B A N N E D
Nebulae
my first guess is a memory leak.
i don't know if it's been patched but stormfox used to cause a memory leak, so try disabling the addon in singleplayer

Reactions: List

Sneaky

The one and only.
Nebulae
Going off what jb said, I'd recommend disabling completely every single addon and seeing if the issue still persists. It'll at least help narrow down whether it's a hardware/game issue or an addon issue.

If it's the latter, if you want, you can go through the rather dubious process of enabling a pack of addons, seeing if the issue happens again, if not, moving on to the next pack of addons, and so on until you find the addon itself that's causing it.

If it's the former, well, all I can personally recommend is the usual "reinstall GMod", don't know what else to suggest.

Wilson

Neutrino
Nebulae
I also do get this issue however its due to stormfox I believe, I disable stormfox on addons and then everything seems fine so try doing that.

EDIT: You can also try to "Verify integrity of game files" under Garrys Mod > Properties > Local Files. If everything is fine then its highly likely stormfox is your issue.

Reactions: List