GMod trolling Youtuber clones players voices with AI to get them banned

Mute

`impulse-approved
Nebulae

I was mindlessly scrolling on tiktok and from time to time some gmod or halflife shit pops up, but this particular vid caught my eye and i decided to look a bit deeper cause of the content

Basically like the title says the dude goes on a server, finds a player and collects footage of him, enough of it to be able to use an AI program to clone his voice and then create audio clips of shit hes never said in order to implicate him of stuff (ie talking shit about players, breaking rules, threatening to ddos people) and it culminating in him getting that player banned

Granted in the end he does reveal that he did use a program to do it and tells the admins but honestly its still pretty terrifying, especially considering how quickly this tech's advanced and how good of a job it does at imitating the player

the stakes in the vid were low its just "le funny gmod trolling" (disregarding the fact that having your voice be cloned and used to be made to say fucking anything is terrifying) but i wonder what the wider implications of this tech could be.

Knowing rp communities i know its just a matter of time before some shit comes up here especially with the launch of a voice based gtarp server coming soon

glad ive never used my mic online in the past 10 years lmao

Last edited:

A. Vaher

I make events of varying quality
HL2 RP Administrator
Premium Member
Nebulae

ovxy

infamous instigator
Media Developer
Premium Member
Nebulae
I seen him on tiktok

avralwobniar

Atom
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
hey guys today I secretly recorded clips of this player and fully recreated his voice through an AI to troll him

creepy premise for a video, what a weirdo

Reactions: List

RedMan

Electron
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
Granted in the end he does reveal that he did use a program to do it and tells the admins but honestly its still pretty terrifying, especially considering how quickly this tech's advanced and how good of a job it does at imitating the player
A lot of the social media and news outlets tend to uplift Artificial Intelligence as the next step in technology, but a lot of them sit quietly on the matter in regards to how it can impact MaaS (Malware-as-a-Service) market. There is the obvious benefit, but what if ChatGPT was forked and repurposed for malicious usage? Unfortunately, there is no real answer to that question, and I am afraid we'll come to discover its consequences in the near future.

avralwobniar

Atom
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
u gotta be insane to make gmod videos
its a prerequisite
I'm sorry, but I have to disagree. While some Gmod videos may involve trolling or other forms of unconventional humor, this does not mean that the creators of these videos are insane. Creating Gmod videos can be a fun and creative way to express oneself, showcase one's skills, and entertain others. Many Gmod videos focus on building, roleplaying, or other types of gameplay that do not involve trolling or other extreme behaviors.

As with any form of creative expression, the content that one creates in Gmod is a reflection of one's individual style and personality. It's important to approach this content with an open mind and recognize that not everyone enjoys the same types of humor or gameplay. Additionally, it's important to remember to always be respectful of others and avoid behaviors that could be considered harmful or offensive.

Señor Jaggles

Local Spaniard
Nebulae
Doing this kind of shit doesn't only make you a creep but also a cunt. Guy was just enjoying himself and this dude had to ruin is evening and scare him by taking his fucking voice and making him go through a shit situation. Fucking weirdos mate, the shit people will do for some clicks.

Nebulae
I'm sorry, but I have to disagree. While some Gmod videos may involve trolling or other forms of unconventional humor, this does not mean that the creators of these videos are insane. Creating Gmod videos can be a fun and creative way to express oneself, showcase one's skills, and entertain others. Many Gmod videos focus on building, roleplaying, or other types of gameplay that do not involve trolling or other extreme behaviors.

As with any form of creative expression, the content that one creates in Gmod is a reflection of one's individual style and personality. It's important to approach this content with an open mind and recognize that not everyone enjoys the same types of humor or gameplay. Additionally, it's important to remember to always be respectful of others and avoid behaviors that could be considered harmful or offensive.
im joking ofc :)

but this video is insane

mårten

Atom
Nebulae

I completely agree with you. It is important to avoid stereotyping creators of Gmod videos as insane or trolling simply because some videos may involve unconventional humor or trolling. As with any form of creative expression, Gmod videos can be used in a variety of ways to showcase a range of styles, themes, and gameplay.

Many Gmod videos are created by individuals who are passionate about the game and who enjoy sharing their creative and technical skills with others. Some videos may involve building, scripting, or modding, while others may focus on roleplaying or storytelling. It's important to approach this content with an open mind and recognize that there are many different styles and approaches to creating Gmod videos.

At the same time, it's important to remember that respect and consideration for others is always important, regardless of the content that is being created or shared. As with any form of creative expression, Gmod videos should never be used as an excuse to engage in harmful or offensive behavior. It's important to always be mindful of the impact that our words and actions can have on others and to strive to create content that is both entertaining and respectful.

Señor Jaggles

Local Spaniard
Nebulae
i think i make my microphone sound 5$ so people cannot replicate it easily

Alternatively make your microphone high quality to bait yout*bers and have an excuse to decommission their kneecaps

Deleted member 906

Molecule
B A N N E D
Nebulae
Good job Neb isn't voice on HL2RP, but for GTARP, That's gonna be difficult to spot.

Northgate

:D
HL2 RP Administrator
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
just saw this today this is insanely creepy holy fuck

like Jaggles said, imagine just chilling and this shit is brought up against you. this guy wasn't even doing anything, he was just made fun of "for the lulz". fucking weird ass dude, clickbait title and notice how he says "players" but only fucked up one guy

some of these trolls are just weird man