GMOD Uninstalling itself

Frosty

Schlong
Nebulae
Like for no reason I keep getting this problem, it's a pain in the arse too.

Votra

Retired
Nebulae
my mate's got this issue too aye do you have it on family sharing or w/e?
@Votra this is a PRIORITY issue, help a :heyzeus: out!!!!

A steam game cannot uninstall itself. You can remove your steam games and your computer can uninstall them through the windows uninstaller, for instance. If you have multiple accounts linked to the same IP address or MAC address then Garry's Mod and other games will likely show up on those accounts, giving them the option to uninstall them.

The 'cough virus' also did this. My suggestion to you is the following,
  1. Uninstall the game yourself.
  2. Turn off the family sharing setting for Garry's Mod, and for that matter, Half-Life 2, the episodes, and CS:S. Note I'm not telling you how to do this, I want you to find it yourself so you don't have to trust me, a stranger on the internet with your account details.
  3. Unsubscribe (Uninstall ALL in main menu) from all your addons and remove them.
  4. Reinstall, and run the bat in Garry's Mod's root directory.
  5. Verify your cache
  6. Restart your computer, subsequently steam, and all should be well and dandy.
I also suggest having a 2-auth setup on your account via your phone as well as changing your password. Removing all current family sharing access and making anyone you want to have access again reacquire authorization (by asking you and then Steam emails you for confirmation) may also be helpful.

If this continues contact steam support - running a virus and malware scan with malware bytes may also be a good practice though I doubt any malicious software is the problem.

Sorry I'm late to respond. This really isn't my thing anymore.

Reactions: List