Accepted Grace Schroder PK appeal because why not haha

Discussion in 'Accepted/Denied Appeals' started by TrippenDog, May 20, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TrippenDog

TrippenDog Needs More Mercy

Nebulae:
    Steam Name: KutDog
    Steam ID:

Character Name:
    Grace Schroder
    Member of Staff Who Banned Your Character: @Dallahan

What Led To Your Character's Death?:
    Got shot by the friend of a man I got in a fight with. My character joked around and then played around with the fact that Cramdam's Muslim character got pissed. After being slapped three times, my character just attempted to keep on the ruse as she slowly attempted to leave, though she simply couldn't help insulting the man after he kept on about 'disrespect' and 'muslim' and etc, so after he slapped her the fourth time she tackled him into the water behind him.

During the brief scuffle in the water it was a mess to begin with. A zombie, a vortigaunt and a civi were battling it out 2 meters away from us and people all around us were bartering and not really paying attention to the situation while standing right next to it. I then got shot by Cramdam's friend after the fight was broken up, but the thing about the fight was is that my character merely wanted to push the guy into the water and that's that.

Once they both ended up into the water my character made multiple attempts at pushing the man back. There was a moment where Cramdam attempted to push her beneath the water and drown her. Even though she was being pushed into the water by the way the fight was still being ignored by the literally 7 people standing around them (aside from maybe 2 or 3 others just staring).

After my character was let go of Cramdam's character managed to somehow climb out of the water really fast to be safe from the bullets, which were fired at me by some other muslim guy. My character was then killed and PK'd.

Why Should Your Character Be Unbanned?:
    Even though she started a fight, everyone can agree that this is not something to PK someone over. Attempts were made to break up the fight from my character, while Cramdam's character even tried to drown her.

Regardless, because of some roleplay, my character had to instantly bite the dust afterwards because someone had to immediately pull out their gun. I understand that you go and defend your friend when he's in danger, but he waited for the danger to be over to then go and shoot me.

TL;DR, it was just a fight. No threats were thrown and no-one was in evident danger (aside from my own character). Ontop of that, the fight was ignored by literally nearly everyone surrounding us.

Date Of Occurrence: 20-5-2019 23:30
    Evidence: Other players involved and logs
    Other Players Involved: No idea what forum names are
    Any Other Details: Nope

#1 TrippenDog, May 20, 2019
    Last edited: May 20, 2019
    • nebulous nebulous x 7
    • Agree Agree x 3
  2. Zachary

Zachary why my dick hard

Nebulae:
  3. '77 East

'77 East `impulse-approved

Nebulae:
    So yelling about rape and assault doesn't put people in danger from bystanders, eh?

4. Dallahan

Dallahan a bad memer
    HL2 RP Operator

Nebulae:
    i banned your character, thats about it

5. TrippenDog

Nebulae:
    Uncalled for muslim joke that i probably should lay on thick with a 2 line /me because people can't read jokes in a joking tone when it's text

She was, however, getting assaulted by literally slapped over and over by some crazy guy saying its their religion and duty to do so. That much she did have faith in. She made a drama out of it, but in the end does it really matter lol. nobody acted on it just as much as nobody acted on the fight and, honestly, i wouldn't have let anyone suffer from it (aside from my character forcing them to say sorry for as long as she can manage until sent off)

Speaking of being sent off, she tried to leave multiple times only to be slapped and the fourth slap she was just about to leave as well, before the slap caused her to tackle the guy.

• nebulous nebulous x 1
  6. Numbers

Numbers ok
    HL2 RP Senior Administrator

Nebulae:
    These Muslims are assaulting - and probably raping - me."
    okay i feel a little bit offended

• nebulous nebulous x 36
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
  7. TrippenDog

Nebulae:
    i'm poking through the reply, but i can't detect sarcasm. In any case, she called them Muslims because they're both Muslims.

8. PilotBland

PilotBland community antagonizer

Nebulae:
  9. Rabid

Rabid Rictal-Approved

Nebulae:
    Roman asked to be forum banned, just so you know.

• nebulous nebulous x 1
  10. TrippenDog

Nebulae:
    I spoke to Cramdam and he stated he did not mean to neccesarily have me PK'd. At this moment waiting for him to reply in case he has something to say so I can copy paste it here in an edit.
    Merged:
    [01:14]
    bus ticket checker guy:
    not really i just fought you and the noi'mnotkeepingtheNword guy decided to blast you like my involvement in this pk is null

Kutdog:
    can i copy paste this
    aside from the n-word

bus ticket checker guy:
    keep the n word in

• nebulous nebulous x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. Señor Jaggles

Señor Jaggles Zasshu Impaler Extraordinaire
    Moderator HL2 RP Senior Administrator Premium Member

Nebulae:
    Let's not start current affairs in this appeal please.

Now we'd need an statement from the shooter, otherwise considering the two involved parties in the fight had no intent to kill nor they killed I'll outright accept this appeal. Shit was said, of course, but
    If fighting won't bring anyone in danger from bystanders, whatever is being yelled in the fight won't do either.

And they were already fighting after all, it's not like she said that to provoke the fight or whatever.

Anyhow no I won't take that as a reason to kill someone considering there was already a fight going on and literally zero bystanders gave a fuck pre and post raping allegations.

#11 Señor Jaggles, May 21, 2019
    Last edited: May 21, 2019
    • nebulous nebulous x 5
  12. Nexus

Nexus barbecue chips aint shit
    HL2 RP Administrator

Nebulae:
    Seems to me that given you've made this appeal and the scenario you've described you were well aware (or under the the pretense) that the PK criteria hadn't been fullfilled and so you continued as you saw fit, effectively baiting them into a reaction while ignoring their IC reactions under the same pretense, allowing yourself to be assaulted four times and still carrying on to get a rise, which makes very little sense IC.

You ignored their arguments and their physical attempts at removing you by carrying on regardless and then you got the last resort outcome and because the rules define it that you "technically" didn't threaten anyway, you're off scot free. This should fall under baiting. I honestly don't think this should be an allowed practice, especially given you've done this multiple times before and you've only been back for a day.

• nebulous nebulous x 6
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Hot Hot x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  13. PilotBland

Nebulae:
    i'm sorry it's a little difficult to portray your characters seriously when those in that group make the same energy and mindset as WW3rp esque players.

• nebulous nebulous x 3
  14. Rabid

Rabid Rictal-Approved

Nebulae:
    Equally though, Twippy has a history - a noted one - of ignoring requests and even threats to stop insulting other characters/groups/whatever. Eventually things will escalate if someone just won't stop and you've tried every other way to get them to knock it off.

Almost every PK appeal I've seen has resulted from this fact, which says something.

I'd say if someone gets mad enough to hit you and you continue to bait them into hitting you, go to leave only to do it again and get hit again before you decide to turn it into a brawl, they're not the ones in the wrong here.

• nebulous nebulous x 2
  15. Gaben

Gaben Went to greece a jew came as a homophobic racist

Nebulae:
    I beg to differ. Those guys played HL2RP more then WW3RP. While yes, they did play ww3rp, we should never say that WW3RP players are lesser. That is just silly

16. PilotBland

Nebulae:
    imagine going from a brawl to shooting someone

and saying the person who just sat there and took it as faulted in the matter

• nebulous nebulous x 2
  17. Nexus

Nexus barbecue chips aint shit
    HL2 RP Administrator

Nebulae:
    The only unserious portrayal I'm seeing is from the person decided that their characters are unable to back down or lose in an overwhelmed situation, especially when they're also surrounded by armed men, unless they're genuinely mentally unstable in-character their complete lack of fear and assumption on always winning a situation they're involved in makes little sense.

In my opinion they really took their times before doing anything, opting to intimidate and dissuade as opposed to instantly resorting to taking or threatening someone's life. The character Grace felt untouchable and refused to consider that perhaps it were not a good idea. The consequences followed.

They shouldn't skirt PK-rules under definition when they've baited the whole scenario and refused to back down in the first place.

• nebulous nebulous x 4
  18. Rabid

Rabid Rictal-Approved

Nebulae:
    "Who sat there and took it"?

They literally only escalated it to begin with because Twippy kept insulting them and then when they were letting it end he decided to make yet another comment to spark it back up? Again this isn't a new thing for Twippy to take things past the point of reasonable and well into the realms of "we've tried everything to get you to stop saying this, what else can we do when you won't be sensible?".

19. PilotBland

Nebulae:
    from my interaction with those characters, they skirt around what's ooc fun.

i remember they were baiting me out to raise my machete and instigating, all that jazz and i just walked away

they came back and did something like /me stubs a butt of the cigarette on their helmet, extinguishing it and i just headbutted and told the dude to fuck off faggot

he comes back, demands an apology and i apologize and walk away

and then they continue and come back and instigate more issues like 'yeah but now apologize and kiss my feet'

there is no winning with these characters, they'll follow you and muck up any characters interactions for the sake of 'conflict'.

• nebulous nebulous x 6
  20. Zachary

Zachary why my dick hard

Nebulae:
    I watched the whole thing happened and it started with Cramdam and I getting in an arguement, which Trippy carried on after I had stopped.

It took four slaps to even get a proper reaction out of them, and met each one with half-ass emotes which didn’t really make sense for the situation and were just pretty edgy ‘forced smile’ and bullshit like that.

But, in my opinion, normal non-lethal fighting like this should be a case-by-case thing, if it was mid-sweep or just random, sure, kill them, but this, nah. I support the un-PK, but Trippy needs to break the bait-y attitude. This isn’t the first time a PK’s happened like this.

• nebulous nebulous x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice