Suggestion Greenman PT-Lead

Bio Junior

Nucleus
Nebulae
Suggestion: Just like WW3RP, would be lovely to add the green aura that represents the leader of the PT, or at the time, fireteam lead. I'm sure the code is not lost, or if it is, it should be easy to bring back. (I hope)

Why it would be worth adding: Makes leading PTs a lot easier, because they know who to follow. Plus on Combine side would make sense to have something like this in terms of tech.

Necessary content:
Coding I'd hope.

Deleted member 4609

Doomboy / Femguy
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
I think that would take away part of the fun ngl, communication is key for CPs and if they're having trouble doing basic organization I don't think its something that should be dealt with through code and mechanics.

Plus, shit like radio jammers etc. aren't gonna be sewing much chaos when you can just sprint to the same person over and over again and regroup at every inconvenience.

Reactions: List

Bio Junior

Nucleus
Nebulae
I think that would take away part of the fun ngl
Honestly no. WW3 was proof that it didn't remove the fun. Radio jammers or not.
But hey, I'll leave this for SD or whoever has the authority to accept/deny, I can't make any more arguments besides the "It'll help, it makes sense from Combine Tech POV and it's still fun."

Andrew

Atom
Nebulae
I just think that being able to see your teammates will lead to more meta than necessary and also be an unfun addition that further buffs cops
if you get lost, you got lost - not much reason to do this, there's a learning curve

ovxy

infamous instigator
Media Developer
Premium Member
Nebulae
i like the idea
its no different than just remembering the tagline of your PT-L and having /togglevisor turned on
maybe integrate into togglevisor so limited range

Simman102

the Scourge of Roleplay
Nebulae
Not against the idea of marking leaders (we used the cloak bodygroup for that reason pre-c24), but a literal green outline seems to be such a goofy and immersion-breaking idea
I am sure there's a better alternative out there

Gary

Developer
HL2 RP Server Director
Nebulae
Not against the idea of marking leaders (we used the cloak bodygroup for that reason pre-c24), but a literal green outline seems to be such a goofy and immersion-breaking idea
I am sure there's a better alternative out there
if we go down the visor status avenue, can always give it a distinctive colour/shape or something like that?
something like auras yeah that ain't gonna be added, but something more in-line with the combine UI is open to discussion

Bio Junior

Nucleus
Nebulae
if we go down the visor status avenue, can always give it a distinctive colour/shape or something like that?
something like auras yeah that ain't gonna be added, but something more in-line with the combine UI is open to discussion
The greenman idea isn't to literally copy paste the code, you can change as you see fit and adapt it, but make it something noticeable pl0x

STUCK IN A CAKE

Molecule
Nebulae
If the ptL is a Rank Leader they can just whack down a 'Survival Marker' (waypoint) which does this job perfectly

Otherwise, I'd rather see people communicate and lead, rather than 'follow the green guy'. If you get lost in a sea of cops, that's your own fault for taking so many

Change the visor colour when looking at a PT Leader to the 'combine blue' as apposed to the default white

Speaking of pts, can you make it so people auto dc the pt when they die?

Nathant18

Blue Ball
HL2 RP Server Director
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
If the ptL is a Rank Leader they can just whack down a 'Survival Marker' (waypoint) which does this job perfectly

Otherwise, I'd rather see people communicate and lead, rather than 'follow the green guy'. If you get lost in a sea of cops, that's your own fault for taking so many
Agreed, I don't think going down the route of 'automated coordination' is the right play, getting lost and finding your way should be a part of the experience, even moreso if you're getting split up as a result of combat