GTA RP Progress Update #1

Andrew

Atom
Nebulae
Idk but the pattern I learned over TS was:
A. You don't have the money for a mic (real)
B. You don't have the money for a mic (Excuse as reasons IRL be it family or you being in a shared household/are a squeeker)
C. You actually own a mic but can't talk due to reasons of the above so you say that you don't own one
D. You simply don't want to invest into a microphone (for other reasons)
A. Get a job
B. Get a job
C. Get self-esteem (and learn to control your volume)
D. Get into rehab

alex

I do things.
Head Staff
Nebulae
If you don't have a microphone, that sucks but I'm not going to change anything because of it.

We're currently focused on voice instead of text for many reasons, we’re aware that some would dislike it or not have a microphone. We want something vastly different from any of our other servers and this is what we're doing.

Reactions: List

Revanox

Nucleus
HL2 RP Senior Administrator
Nebulae
If you don't have a microphone, that sucks but I'm not going to change anything because of it.

We're currently focused on voice instead of text for many reasons, we’re aware that some would dislike it or not have a microphone. We want something vastly different from any of our other servers and this is what we're doing.
Also this reminds me, whats your opinion about people who use text to speech

alex

I do things.
Head Staff
Nebulae
Also this reminds me, whats your opinion about people who use text to speech
I don't think that's going to be a viable option with something that's much more faster paced.

Roosebud

Molecule
Nebulae
B. You don't have the money for a mic (Excuse as reasons IRL be it family or you being in a shared household/are a squeeker)
C. You actually own a mic but can't talk due to reasons of the above so you say that you don't own one
Everything and everyone has a mic nowadays. Hell, I used my $10 samsung headphones as a microphone at one point. But I also understand not wanting to talk / feeling embarrassed or something. I don't feel comfortable yelling slurs with my girlfriend or other people present.

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
the best argument against microphones is that I don't want to be forced to listen to fat fucking Americans putting on Italian accents for the inevitable mafia gang

Nov

Molecule
Nebulae
the best argument against microphones is that I don't want to be forced to listen to fat fucking Americans putting on Italian accents for the inevitable mafia gang
german-american gang

alex

I do things.
Head Staff
Nebulae
We understand that some may dislike the decision for the server to be voice based. We may have alternative options in the future but right now that’s our vision.

Andrew

Atom
Nebulae
I don't feel comfortable yelling slurs with my girlfriend or other people present.
just because ur not comfy screeching that someone is a miffed-up horse-faced two-beached burrito-faced lollygaggin' baby ain't mean i ain't

Simman102

the Scourge of Roleplay
Nebulae
The perpetual debate around this topic is astonishing at this point
When will you people get that you're not the target of this? If you want text-based RP go play HL2RP
I suggest watching some twitch stream of what voice-based gta RP looks like, would answer a lot of the recurring questions

Deleted member 5501

The Civil Authority Grindset
B A N N E D
Nebulae
This may have been answered previously, but i've not been keeping up.

Is there going to be custom vehicles for Factions added / for players to buy etc... I'm assuming there's no real limitation to what cars can be added additionally, considering there's plenty already that Rockstar just keep adding, obviously logical Civilian cars, not fucking Oppressors and tanks n shit. Custom models for these vehicles and such?

Warwick

Mum Looks Like Tracy Beaker
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Bought my microphone 6 years ago for £100; equivalent of spending less than £20 a year. Classic example of suffer and save, then get something that will last.

frentium

radiation is just spicy air
Nebulae
Bought my microphone 6 years ago for £100; equivalent of spending less than £20 a year. Classic example of suffer and save, then get something that will last.
I still use a blue snowball which was about 25 quid on a deal years ago

Deleted member 442

Molecule
B A N N E D
Nebulae

at least fat americans in the mob fits

pasty white 16 year old brits tryna be southside gang bangers on the other hand...

but it's gonna be funny.
[doublepost=1638297200][/doublepost]
Is there going to be custom vehicles for Factions added / for players to buy etc... I'm assuming there's no real limitation to what cars can be added additionally, considering there's plenty already that Rockstar just keep adding, obviously logical Civilian cars, not fucking Oppressors and tanks n shit. Custom models for these vehicles and such?

custom vehicles will most likely be gated and only be unlocked through a slow burn rp, akin to the tuner shop in nopixel.

importing vehicles isn't gonna just work, and no one is gonna want custom vehicles zooming around within week 1.

not to mention it can be a lot of work.