In Progress Guide to not having errors

Discussion in 'Guides' started by Manio, Apr 2, 2020.

1. Manio

Manio Mostly Sleepy

Nebulae:
    [​IMG]

Hello folks
    Since it's really time-consuming for us, staffers to explain how to get rid of errors on HL2RP server, I decided to write a guide that explains it all.

Things covered in this guide

Half-life 2 Episode 1 & 2
    Counter-Strike: Source
    Addons

Half-life 2 Episode 1 & 2

First of all, you need to purchase the games and I recommend it because those are fun to play! Downloading any content-pack from various websites is considered piracy due to money and time being invested in making textures or models and may get you banned from the official valve community website. I do not recommend doing that.

You can purchase both games here

EPISODE 1
    EPISODE 2

After you download them, launch your Garry's Mod and click this icon in the bottom-right corner.

[​IMG]

Then you should see something like this:

[​IMG]

Make sure that you check Half-Life 2 Episode 1 and Episode 2. After you do so, restart your Garry's Mod and there you have it! Content has been installed.

Counter-Strike: Source

Again, downloading any textures as a content-pack is illegal. It is considered piracy and you should avoid that, no matter what others tell you because it can get you in trouble. It's better to just buy a game and do not risk anything.

You can purchase the game by clicking the link below.

CLICK ME

Download the game after doing so and then launch Garry's Mod. Click the icon located in the bottom-right corner of the game window, it looks like this:

[​IMG]

Then you should see something like this:

[​IMG]

Check the Counter-Strike: Source and restart Garry's Mod. After that, congratulations! You have the game content installed and you can start playing without any errors... Or if not, then there is an addon section you can see into!

Addons

This section will cover downloading and installing the addons. It is a simple process but can be whacky sometimes. It is recommended to install all the content while not being on the server or even in the game.

You can get the link for our content-pack by typing in chat /content or by clicking the link below.

CLICK ME

After that, click the "Subscribe to all" button located a bit lower:

[​IMG]

Then, your steam client should start downloading all the addons. You can go out and make yourself some tea because it might take a while for all of that to finish. However! When it does, boot up your game and enjoy the error-free experience, but, if you had your game launched during this, restart it.

If you however still see any errors, contact the staff team by using /help. They should help you in identifying the problem. Usually, it is because one addon didn't install properly. You can ask the staff team to assist you in finding that faulty addon. When you do know its name, turn off your game and go to the content pack by clicking here. Find the addon on the list and unsubscribe to it, and then subscribe to it again. Let it download and boot your game. It should be fixed now.

I hope this fixed all of your problems, if not then you can always contact staff on the server to help you further. If you expected to get all the game content from HL2 or CS:S for free then I'm sorry to disappoint you. I really recommend buying those games since it's fun playing them. Also, you won't have to worry about any errors in the future.

Stay calm and see you around!

• nebulous nebulous x 18
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. Mist

Mist Proton
    B A N N E D

Nebulae:
    It pains me that people need this kind of guide. It's all so self-explanatory. :sob:

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  3. Manio

Manio Mostly Sleepy

Nebulae:
    Some people are new to the game or just don't know how things work exactly, hence I wanted to make it easier for them by providing a simple guide.

• nebulous nebulous x 3
  4. senselessArtist

senselessArtist Leftist Cuck

Nebulae:
    A blessing. A god. I'm surprised we didn't have this sooner.

5. Blackquill

Blackquill Administrator
    Head Staff HL2 RP Server Director

Nebulae:
    Stickied.

• nebulous nebulous x 5
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. Mist

Mist Proton
    B A N N E D

Nebulae:
    Fair and square. I commend you for your work anyhow. It's really well made nonetheless. :grinning:

7. Antloin

Antloin `impulse-approved

Nebulae:
    Does this work in real life?

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. SpookyWolf07

SpookyWolf07 Proton

Nebulae:
    Finally. I can now link this whenever someone says in OOC: I have all content, but I still have Errors.
    Thanks, and I hope you make more guides like this one in the future.

• nebulous nebulous x 1
  9. jamEs

jamEs fqjdlkmsbvqfgkhpoiuaeazer

Nebulae:
    cheapskates can also get episodic content legally and for free by using steamcmd

10. Manio

Manio Mostly Sleepy

Nebulae:
    I'm pretty sure you can download game files with steamcmd only when you actually have the game in the library, however, I might be wrong. I will see into updating that guide if I'm wrong.

• nebulous nebulous x 1
  11. jamEs

jamEs fqjdlkmsbvqfgkhpoiuaeazer

Nebulae:
    oops sorry I'm mistaken, I vaguely remembered it

[​IMG]

12. Syndi-CatGirl

Syndi-CatGirl Sleepymode Approved

Nebulae:
    Type /content

13. Gary

Gary Developer
    Developer

Nebulae:
    isnt it 4020

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice