Accepted Guy 'Citizen' Human PK Appeal

Discussion in 'Accepted/Denied Appeals' started by shit, May 26, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shit

shit Proton

Nebulae:
    Steam Name: shit
    Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:151885836

Character Name: Guy 'Citizen' Human
    Member of Staff Who Banned Your Character: @Nexus

What Led To Your Character's Death?: A randomized CP sweep entered Alpha Camp and opened fire on me and another person, due to us possesing weapons. (It could be due to the fact that someone robbed 2 CWU beforehand, but I'm not entirely sure).

Why Should Your Character Be Unbanned?: I was facing a corner inside of the camp, due to the fact that I had left for a small moment. Even though I had been told to drop my weapon, I didn't really have any chance of responding as I had gone away from my keyboard for just about 3 minutes in total. Since I couldn't respond (I am aware that AFKing isn't really allowed/encouraged, but being away for a small amount of time like that can happen to anyone logically, especially if one lives in a busy household), I think that the PK itself was unjust, as I again, hadn't had the chance to comply with the CP units.

Date Of Occurrence: 2019/05/26

Evidence: [​IMG]
    Other Players Involved: [​IMG]

Not exactly sure which functonaries were directly involved, as I had been absent from the situation, but I would assume most of the upper ranks were involved in the raid.

Any Other Details: /

• nebulous nebulous x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
  2. Snook

Snook Moderator
    Moderator HL2 RP Senior Administrator

Nebulae:
    @Simman102 killed you, @not tzula and @Havok were also present in the situation either as Dispatch or on their cops, I'm not sure.

• Useful Useful x 1
  3. not tzula

not tzula Molecule
    HL2 RP Administrator

Nebulae:
    Not quite involved.
    I'm listening into /c while I play Stellaris incase shit hits the fan.
    e:
    no it wasnt Havok dispatching, sorry!!! I saw him online though.

4. Simman102

Simman102 Self-taught... and not half-bad
    Premium Member

Nebulae:
    Yeah, 2 CWUs getting mugged caused the sweep
    You're IC at all times past spawn, I recommend getting an AFK character with a valid name of course
    You had a weapon not only equipped but also raised, didn't want to risk it

• Agree Agree x 2
    • nebulous nebulous x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. shit

shit Proton

Nebulae:
    I get that you shot me mainly because of adrenaline, but as said I was facing the corner and would'nt've caused an immediate threat in my eyes. It could've gone out with me getting s2rp'd into getting crippled or the like, but I get that you didn't want to take that kind of risk.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  6. Havok

Havok Aesthetics incarnate.
    HL2 RP Operator Premium Member

Nebulae:
    Yes, the sweep was caused by 2 CWU members being mugged with guns and having their uniforms relieved of them.

I lead the sweep into the sewers togheter with 5 other CP's.
    We did not engage any unarmed people at all and only went in to get the uniform back from the people that took it and we did just that. after we took out the people with the guns and the uniform we took it and simply left and left everyone else alive only taking out a total of 2 people I believe.

as Simman said, you being afk does not make you ooc, you are ic at all times.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • nebulous nebulous x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. Dingus

Dingus Atom

Nebulae:
    Hi. I'm the Civil Worker that was mugged. I and the other Civil Worker (which is @Oswinner) were mugged down the alley near the Grizzly Grotto/Atmosphere where there is a small shop beside a fenced gate. We instantly ran up to the ration distribution center where we reported what they took from us and just a very crappy description of the two suspects. Both were male and armed with USP-Matches. I'm not sure how the passing scanner didn't saw the two, but it didn't. Uniforms, cards, and radio were stolen.

I hope I helped.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. shit

shit Proton

Nebulae:
    I still don't necessarily think that it should be a PK regardless, mainly because I wasn't even involved in mugging the CWU workers in the first place. I still understand that I was IC, even if I was AFK, but 3 minutes of being AFK can literally happen to anyone because of any reason.

9. Lost_Cartress

Lost_Cartress Neutrino

Nebulae:
    Pretty sure that even if you had complied with CPs had they told you to put the weapons down. They would've amputated you anyway for possession of weapons.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. shit

shit Proton

Nebulae:
    I'm not entirely sure how that rule about compliance = nlr works, so I doubt that it couldn't have been an nlr because of how generalized the rule is in my eyes.

*or even a kill, because they let other unarmed guys off the hook, apparently

11. Señor Jaggles

Señor Jaggles Zasshu Impaler Extraordinaire
    Moderator HL2 RP Senior Administrator Premium Member

Nebulae:
    Can we stop mugging people for uniforms unless people are going to use them for raids and such? And yes, that means can we not have a second city in the rebel area that looks exactly like the main one because there's everything but CPs? Bluesuits (understandable) but then docs, labcoats, CWU uniforms... Like seriously. It's literally mugging for greed, just to get some military looking clothes.

I'm unsure who's authing these but I suggest they stop, it's stupid to disallow token mugs but then let people get others naked for the cool clothes.

• nebulous nebulous x 6
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
  12. Dingus

Dingus Atom

Nebulae:
    I heard that Jaydawg authed it. However, when I was on my rebel I heard a few times about some plans, so.

Can't leak much too.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. not tzula

not tzula Molecule
    HL2 RP Administrator

Nebulae:
    the rule was changed after some posts on the ccc thread so you best message the cwu leads
    I also imagine that people mainly mug these uniforms to look cool so.. yeah no it is greed.

14. Chezburger

Chezburger american idiot
    HL2 RP Administrator Premium Member

Nebulae:
    This is why I detest CWU having these models.

Yes, I get they had them first since like LP or something- but find something new, you guys have workers models in the content pack right?

just- anything else will do

make their models something like this, idk
    [​IMG]
    ah yes I am CWU and I wear bloused shoes and bags of tools on my legs with my green CWU shirt.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  15. shit

shit Proton

Nebulae:
    I know I'm not in a position to say this, but can you move this to another thread or something, like the suggestions one? I want the appeal to be taken seriously and not ridden off-topic

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Comrade Revan

Comrade Revan p is for penguin
    Premium Member

Nebulae:
    @Jaydawg gave us the okay.

as for everything else:

we don't have bmds, we don't have tokens as a currency, we have bartering.

even then, script spawns are R-A-R-E af, so even if you find something vaguely useful you have to hoard it in the vain hopes that one day you'll accumulate enough to trade for shit you actually need.

is someone going to give me ammo for scrap metal? no.

is someone going to give me a kevlar vest for a piece of wood? no.

is a few chunks of plastic gona score me a machete? no.

the most you can realistically get is a knife from a shitload of materials, or maybe even machete if you're lucky enough-leaving only CP the only viable alternative for grabbing weapons-which is now nearly impossible due to the geography (no i'm not complaining about the map).

the only thing we can do is mug idiot union employees going close to or into areas where we can snatch them.

we legit don't have any other choice, there's no other way to get gear or weapons.

don't want us to use tokens? want gear to be hard to come by? want us to actually have to risk our characters? okay, yeah, sure.

really, don't give us shit for taking the only path allowed to us, and then say you want to close it off because it looks bad.

like shit-c'mon, really?

17. Chezburger

Chezburger american idiot
    HL2 RP Administrator Premium Member

Nebulae:
    yeah fair just replying to something jaggles said

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. not tzula

not tzula Molecule
    HL2 RP Administrator

Nebulae:
    I advise you take this to the Crafting CCC thread and to snip this or adjust it
    Doesn't really feel like the place to bring up these points, no offense.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Comrade Revan

Comrade Revan p is for penguin
    Premium Member

Nebulae:
    no this has nothing to do with crafting it's a response to people complaining about us doing the only thing we are allowed to do to acquire gear.

20. Señor Jaggles

Señor Jaggles Zasshu Impaler Extraordinaire
    Moderator HL2 RP Senior Administrator Premium Member

Nebulae:
    Your post or complaint makes zero sense because I never said "do not mug people". My post was basically: Stop mugging for uniforms since that's basically like risking your life to get some trendy clothes when you could be focusing in: Cards, radios, information, a wide range of tools... Which is what you just mentioned, mugging for need.

Anyhow, back into topic. To be fair, they swept and you got caught, I can't do much about it unless actual rules were broken. You were AFK? Even if you had not been AFK there's no such thing as severe injuries or whatever man. As Fate/Stay Night taught everyone, people die when they're killed.

The severe injuries issue is something we pull when someone is unPKed.

• nebulous nebulous x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice