Habitation Project Seventeen | Early Days Launch

Nathant18

Blue Ball
HL2 RP Server Director
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae

OhzdHlr.png

Hello! Although the main server launch date was announced on the prelude thread, I figured it'd be nice to have a separate thread specifically for the server launch. The main server will take place six months after the events of Inauguration. You are welcome to bring your surviving characters forward from that event to the main server if you wish. Note that you will need to recreate your characters on the main menu screen due to dev changes that require another wipe of the database.

If you haven't already, I recommend joining our Discords to stay more in touch with the community. The links are listed below.

Nebulous.Cloud Discord

Main Server Launch
March 30th
2PM EST / 6PM GMT

(https://www.worldtimebuddy.com/)
Server Content

Jeffy

Electron
Premium Member
Nebulae
Do I make a new character or tell the early story of an old one

Anthrax_PL

Atom
Nebulae
Do I make a new character or tell the early story of an old one
You are welcome to bring your surviving characters forward from that event to the main server if you wish. Note that you will need to recreate your characters on the main menu screen due to dev changes that require another wipe of the database.

MaelRadecs

Best Damn ODST
Nebulae
just wanted to stop by and wish everyone a good iteration and a much needed good luck to all the staff members ^^

really cool to see all this stuff still going after all these years! blows my mind really

Reactions: List

Anthrax_PL

Atom
Nebulae
@Anthrax_PL as in a character that existed in like 2020 đź’€

But obviously a younger version
oh i see

its a completely new iteration so do whatever you feel like doing; make a character inspired by one you've played before or make someone completely new and try out a new experience for yourself

:)

Coldflame

Proton
Premium Member
Nebulae
what's the deal with all the characters from NY ending up here? is it just a suspension of disbelief coincidence or is there a reason they all ended up in the same place?

Gyarik

gu
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
what's the deal with all the characters from NY ending up here? is it just a suspension of disbelief coincidence or is there a reason they all ended up in the same place?
Not necessarily what happens. You're free to use (or not use) your Prelude character as you see fit for their lore :)

PepicWalrus

Electron
HL2 RP Senior Administrator
Premium Member
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
"Civic Grouping" is to imply that at least in the early days people were generally kept together. Not strictly meaning there can't be swaps or additions or transfers but the idea is those together when the 7HW happened all have been kept together.

Postal

Molecule
Nebulae
what year is this set in so i know what slang and cultural references to yap

PepicWalrus

Electron
HL2 RP Senior Administrator
Premium Member
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
On the last event page there's a news paper about the trial of breen which is in sept 04 so if this is six months after it'll take place 19th of March 05
I immediately posted a correction that was a printing mistake and it was 03.

BMI takes place May 17th 2003, 7HW September 13rd 2003, launch will be March 30th 2004. Just like last iteration we'll be running day parity with a 20 year difference.