professional retard
HL2 RP Administrator
Media Developer
Nebulae
Which game is better?

Donald J. Trump

King of Nebulous
Nebulae
Half-Life 1 was great. Half-Life 2 was the game that blew my mind as both a kid and an adult, and got me invested into an entire universe. So much so I've spent over 8 years of my life roleplaying as an enslaved human, and the humans that kick the shit out of them.

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
Black Mesa is my peak HL1 experience. But I like the original a lot too and replay it now and again.

OpFor is my favourite HL1 game overall out of the originals.

HL2 is my fave out of the three but Ep 1/2 also have some fantastic parts I rate over a lot of the base game.

Kafe

Level Design nomad
Nebulae
Black Mesa is my peak HL1 experience. But I like the original a lot too and replay it now and again.

OpFor is my favourite HL1 game overall out of the originals.

HL2 is my fave out of the three but Ep 1/2 also have some fantastic parts I rate over a lot of the base game.
play base HL1 up to Xen, then swap out to Black mesa for Xen, then swap out to HL1 for the ending Gman dialogue;.

Reactions: List

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
play base HL1 up to Xen, then swap out to Black mesa for Xen, then swap out to HL1 for the ending Gman dialogue;.
I actually still really like the minimalistic, bleak Xen of the original, for all I know that was only due to time constraints.

Though Valve actually had something more akin to what Black Mesa did in mind originally. I spoke to one of the BM devs who said they had access to Valve's old files and stuff to help and they found all of the concepts which inspired their Xen.

Kafe

Level Design nomad
Nebulae
I actually still really like the minimalistic, bleak Xen of the original, for all I know that was only due to time constraints.

Though Valve actually had something more akin to what Black Mesa did in mind originally. I spoke to one of the BM devs who said they had access to Valve's old files and stuff to help and they found all of the concepts which inspired their Xen.
I'm a real big fan of the Black Mesa art direction for Xen, feels a lot more distinctive from earth
Bit wierd to say, but Xen and earth were both barren desert-like environments I found. the intense foliage style in the remake helped it feel a lot more distinctive imo.

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
I'm a real big fan of the Black Mesa art direction for Xen, feels a lot more distinctive from earth
Bit wierd to say, but Xen and earth were both barren desert-like environments I found. the intense foliage style in the remake helped it feel a lot more distinctive imo.
I love how it feels vaguely recognisable yet entirely alien, too.

Also explains far better how Icthyosaurs can exist. Black Mesa Xen is my favourite but it didn't 'replace' HL1's design for me. I can even see both working together.

Goatson

Guardian
Nebulae
opposing force was the most enjoyable experience to play through

fight me

Ricsow

professional retard
HL2 RP Administrator
Media Developer
Nebulae
Episode 1‘s soundtrack was shit, change my mind

GenericPlayer

i like firetruck and moster truck
Nebulae
for hl1 it has to be opfor imo

for hl2, base game showed the most variety, episode 1 was a bit bland imho since it was just a continuation of the end of hl2 with a orangey tint

episode 2 was pretty kino though

john

barbecue chips aint shit
Nebulae
lost coast got a weird abstract vibe to it that I really like, even though the premise is basically to show off some fancy lighting and reflections I feel like there was a lot more potentional to make or take more out of it