Half-Life 2 | Done Quicker

TheDeadlyHaze

Monkey
Nebulae
This isn't my run, but I wanted to show this to you all. This is pretty mind-blowing shit and half of the time it looks like he's no-clipping

I am pretty sure this is the fastest time for a HL2 speed-run and I honestly am not that big into speed running in general.

Reactions: List

Chester

custom title
Nebulae
i like to look at the various games done on SGDQ/AGDQ, the runs are some pretty nifty shit to watch

Nathant18

Blue Ball
HL2 RP Server Director
Premium Member
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
I was kinda hoping he'd die of fall damage, but that's definitely the best speedrun I've watched of HL2

ddæ

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
Half-Life 1 was fun to watch, World Record speedrun was about 27 minutes if I remember correctly.

Chester

custom title
Nebulae
I don't watch them that often, but when people play Source games, I love it.

Something about source engine speed runs is just special
i like how most (if not all) of the Source level triggers aren't interlinked with one another and don't run on a domino effect, unlike games like Halo where if you skip certain triggers in certain levels the rest fail to load, including the level end trigger

Expax

Nucleus
Nebulae
omg at 5:14 when the doors are closing he flies right inbetween them just before they close. so epic

`impulse

Head Staff
Nebulae
Shit they teased this for months and it's finally around. They said the time was under an hour but 40 minutes? fuck me

TheDeadlyHaze

Monkey
Nebulae
Shit they teased this for months and it's finally around. They said the time was under an hour but 40 minutes? fuck me
exactly my thoughts, 40 minutes is god damn impressive

the execution of the entire thing was done so well, everything from the hype/teasers to the actual run

Expax

Nucleus
Nebulae
it took me 10 hours im a speeddddddddddddd runner

gigi

Atom
Nebulae
watched it earlier today, very good run, but they did use an older 2006 version of the engine to do this but its still good
i hope they release an audio commentary like they did with dwahmov

Deleted member 61

donator without a cause
Nebulae
vDxJr0Y.jpg

Roosebud

Molecule
Nebulae
I liked it better when 'speedruns' were just individuals trying to do the game as fast as possible without resorting to using glitches/exploits or crafting together footage of multiple users.

Still funny as hell though, "Hey you there! Wait!"

gigi

Atom
Nebulae
I liked it better when 'speedruns' were just individuals trying to do the game as fast as possible without resorting to using glitches/exploits or crafting together footage of multiple users.

Still funny as hell though, "Hey you there! Wait!"
i think a lot of people enjoy doing the segments because of the adrenaline rush they got from it
i mean on some of the sections, they're going at like 2500 units a sec+ past a fuck ton of danger
woulndt that pump you up?

Angel

she/her/they nonbinary transfem
Nebulae
There are some amazing speed runs in various games, I recall watching the entire San Andreas speed run live, it was fucking insane.

You need to know EXACTLY how every mechanic works and how EVERYTHING in the game happens to assure that you get minimum wasted time, which is a pretty impressive capability.