Serious Half Life 2 RP Debates

Discussion in 'Half-Life 2 Roleplay' started by Neo Komchan, Feb 13, 2020.

1. Dingtard

Dingtard Molecule

Nebulae:
    How are you able to play multiple characters at once without thinking they are very much alike and thinking they are bland? This is why I only play at most two characters because I think they look alike in everything, despite sometimes that not being true.

I'm currently playing a chinese surface rebel that is very charismatic that is quite into the whole "resistance is a sole group, not a collective of small groups". He helps around, brings food and materials.

Then I have a bit of a self interested character who keeps it to herself, owns a store to pursue her dream of cooking and is a bit of a pessimistic with a "meh, whatever" attitude.

They seem different on paper but when I play them, I get bothered that they sometimes use the same words or w/e.

• nebulous nebulous x 1
  2. Leather Clad Lad

Leather Clad Lad `impulse-approved

Nebulae:
    The only thing that is consistent in my characters is the crushing schizophrenia

• nebulous nebulous x 4
  3. Dingtard

Dingtard Molecule

Nebulae:
    Thats me in real life according to gamers

4. Chezburger

Chezburger american idiot
    HL2 RP Administrator Premium Member

Nebulae:
    im going to sound cringe when i say this but

i try to put myself in the mindset of the character and when im not playing them i sometimes just think or write up shit about them that nobody is ever going to hear/read

vurr = enthusiastic, creative, can overthink things or is just too hopeful

union-4 = talks, acts, probably looks like a junkie, but other than that he's kinda like a dopehead too so he's chill

crimson = robotic scumbag loyal union prick fuck that enjoys fucking with union factions like CWU, UIL, UM

for me it isn't hard to swap between personalities with them all, its fun

• nebulous nebulous x 6
  5. Dingtard

Dingtard Molecule

Nebulae:
    You dont sound cringe, friend. This is a hobbie we all enjoy. Pretty sure actors and the alike do what you do to get in the role more.

• nebulous nebulous x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. Leather Clad Lad

Nebulae:
    Best, in depth character award goes to CO. Crimson for being a snitch

7. Charlie

Charlie Molecule

Nebulae:
    What do you usually do when starting a new character? I haven't played on the server properly in like a year, but I usually make up a goal for my character (i.e. get a smoke, make friends, ask people stupid questions just to get a conversation going) and put 100% of my focus into it unless something interesting happend. I was never really good at doing long-long-term character development and always kept it short and sweet.

• nebulous nebulous x 2
  8. Leather Clad Lad

Nebulae:
    I apply for a faction because citizenrp is unbearable

• nebulous nebulous x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Mute

Mute `impulse-approved

Nebulae:
    All of my good chars have started out as a joke and evolved into something better, whenevr i create a serious character it never works out, they’re always boring to play

• nebulous nebulous x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Leather Clad Lad

Nebulae:
    Hello? Based department? He's doing it again.

Yeah I make shitpost tier characters and they just work out. Here's the list
    • Dope fiend ex-detective cop with bipolar and schizophrenia
    • 8chan sperg conscript colonel in the senate with ptsd
    • Jaime. Nothing else to add to that just Jaime

• nebulous nebulous x 10
  11. Chezburger

Chezburger american idiot
    HL2 RP Administrator Premium Member

Nebulae:
    i take inspiration from other forms of entertainment such as games and music and books

literally came up with telvurr by listening to the portal 2 soundtrack after selous died I was like

"GAHHH FUCKING @GenericPlayer FUCKING CUNT I HATE HIM SO oh damn wait this slaps what if i was a scientist? but damn i dont wanna get a bunch of ammo and medical supplie-- wait."

And then telvurr was born by removing and changing the words in the arbiters name from halo

Thel Vadam to Tel Vurr

THE END

• nebulous nebulous x 4
  12. Charlie

Charlie Molecule

Nebulae:
    In a perfect world it'd be the best rp

How's it unbearable though? The only thing I remember which discouraged me from doing citizenRP is cops who refused to say anything other than VC's and people who didn't want to talk to bluesuits

13. Leather Clad Lad

Nebulae:
    Everything has been said and done. Been here since 2014 and the whole 'dystopia' thing is getting on my nerves

• nebulous nebulous x 1
  14. Ond

Ond Rictal-Approved

Nebulae:
    my best character was literally a schizoid maniac who, while living in self-isolation, created a cult dedicated to worshiping the fertility of the fruit god, the pear

• nebulous nebulous x 9
  15. sots

sots `impulse-approved

Nebulae:
    Only really had Tony and Leo in helix

Tony was literally just my first character and as soon as I made him I was racially abused by cops so decided I’d do my best to distrupt the union

Leo was a lot more well thought out, made him with the intention of making a gang which then boiled down to a lot of short term goals for me to fill out

Recruit people
    Get a base
    Steal paint from a work shift to get graffiti around the city
    Etc.

So basically, by setting up a long term, achievable goal that would take a lot of effort to achieve which can lead to activities for you and the boys to do, that’s just me though :grinning:

• nebulous nebulous x 2
  16. Dingtard

Dingtard Molecule

Nebulae:
    Im still in the process of cooking loyalists

• nebulous nebulous x 1
  17. Deathwolf

Deathwolf Molecule
    Premium Member

Nebulae:
    I made Mike Pinello because I wanted to work at Rossi’s to steal all the cash from the register, instead i managed the store and ended up meeting chrissy before all the mafia shit started.

• nebulous nebulous x 1
  18. Appetite Ruining Kebab

Nebulae:
    roleplay is fickle and unpredictable, have a basic outline of what you're going for but always be ready to react and change according to circumstances

i came to neb in 2016 and made a character with the intention of signing him up to UM - had his whole personality and shit mapped out as a spineless union dick sucker

within a week he was talked into becoming an apprentice to a BMD - something i never planned for

i remade him when i came back to helix and continued the same shtick on railway until i gradually discovered the magic of state sponsored internal resistance under the guise of politics

he is my CAB now

• nebulous nebulous x 6
  19. TwistedSilicon

TwistedSilicon Professional Dumb Truck connoisseur
    Premium Member

Nebulae:
    To be honest I just steal characters from other video games, slightly spice them up and appropriate their ideals and them to the HL2 universe and see where it goes.

No joke I didn't even change the name of my first char I made like this. A quite literal carbon copy from the game minus the aspects of the universe they came from [Though thankfully the name was changed later]. Half a year they were one of my prouder chars with a odd amount of depth due to managing to avoid death so many times.

Also because I was stuck thinking how to make a character that wasn't Blandy McBland citizen number 2351739.

Infact I'm still stealing characters even now. I'm just a lot better at covering it up and editing them, though still not perfect admittedly.

#39 TwistedSilicon, Feb 14, 2020 at 11:33 AM
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2020 at 11:49 AM
    • nebulous nebulous x 3
  20. Pyromaniac

Pyromaniac rob-approved!

Nebulae:
    Ah. The ol' "Oh god this would be epic and fun development" or "This'd be my next milestone". It's fun to do when you got a character you genuinly enjoy.

And seeing others die. Ngl having seen the character in the beginning of it and evolve into what they are now suprises me but usually means there's a lot of dev behind it. Lets see how long you can keep it up :smiley:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice