Half-life 2 Tech Demo

Zak

Resident xenophile
Nebulae
you can tell this video is ancient

classic HL1 sprites for damage impacts, no decals, old SMG worldmodel, stock havok physics without source modifications, combine soldiers still have hgrunt squad behavior and animations

Reactions: List

Gubbyfishy

Proton
Nebulae
you can tell this video is ancient

classic HL1 sprites for damage impacts, no decals, old SMG worldmodel, stock havok physics without source modifications, combine soldiers still have hgrunt squad behavior and animations
Zombies using a combination of their sounds from HL1 and the new ones.
Old crowbar swing animation
Different textures across the board (antlions for example)
Completely alternate scenarios, such as the scanners at the Kleiner Lab and VO to go with it.

Probably more in there for the sharp eye.

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
Two parts I love:

1. The entire Barricade segment. It's so cinematic. Shame it got (somewhat) cut from the actual Uprising; the nearest we got was the Civil Protection checkpoint near the overpass.
  2. The part during Trap Town where he blocks the door, so the OTA smash the glass and light the room up. Great voices, too.

Zak

Resident xenophile
Nebulae
Two parts I love:
The entire Barricade segment. It's so cinematic. Shame it got (somewhat) cut from the actual Uprising; the nearest we got was the Civil Protection checkpoint near the overpass.
The geometry of the two areas is actually almost identical. Only difference is there's a few buildings on either side. If you want, you can fight up the street the same way as that video.

The part during Trap Town where he blocks the door, so the OTA smash the glass and light the room up. Great voices, too.
The only issue there is that doing it for actual gameplay would be a bitch to do. Works for the demo because it can be a bunch of scripted sequences working together, but I shudder thinking of how much work you'd have to do to get that working for a final product.

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
The geometry of the two areas is actually almost identical. Only difference is there's a few buildings on either side. If you want, you can fight up the street the same way as that video.
I may be thinking of an earlier checkpoint - the one where there's a massive part of the street that's fallen in, and you have to go through a side-building that drops you down into a shopfront with glass. Only real difference is there's no first CP barricade before you hit the Combine one.

It's the same place where, if all your NPC's had died, you meet with three rebels who "needed one more fighter to storm the barricades."

I think directly after you fight up through some office buildings also packed with units.

Zak

Resident xenophile
Nebulae
I may be thinking of an earlier checkpoint - the one where there's a massive part of the street that's fallen in, and you have to go through a side-building that drops you down into a shopfront with glass. Only real difference is there's no first CP barricade before you hit the Combine one.

It's the same place where, if all your NPC's had died, you meet with three rebels who "needed one more fighter to storm the barricades."

I think directly after you fight up through some office buildings also packed with units.
yep, that's the place

street there is identical, there's just more routes through them now