Accepted Hans Godder PK Appeal

Discussion in 'Accepted/Denied Appeals' started by Silanus, Mar 18, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Silanus

Silanus reject modernity, embrace monke
    Premium Member

Nebulae:
    Steam Name: Silanus
    Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:87273099
    Server: WW3RP
    Character Name: Hans Godder
    Member of Staff Who Banned Your Character: @Rondal

What Led To Your Character's Death?: I went into a river, and according to a local event I was caught up in the current and drowned.
    Why Should Your Character Be Unbanned?: Firstly, I had absolutely no idea whatsoever that going into that river is PK risk. I have no clue how I'd access any information noting as such, and overall I feel it's an extremely poor thing to put as a risk considering I have, on several occasions including this one, found scripts in the river that I can only assume have spawned there.

Secondly, it was done outright with absolutely nothing set beforehand. Now I don't know about you, but I think it's fine for people to be able to be underwater for around 20 to 50 seconds without needing to resurface for air at a time. Even then, I'm pretty sure the server has a thing for people being underwater for too long, same with HL2, where you begin to drown anyway and lose HP. The fact a staff member felt obliged to do a localevent, even after I had already resurfaced, feels extremely unnecessary and outright poor for roleplay purposes.

Finally, the fact the staff member specifically just said "Hans Godder falls victim to the high currents of the water and drowns" is a very anti-roleplay action, considering it doesn't let me roleplay and just immediately kills me without any chance of not dying. I had no clue that Rondal was anywhere near me, considering he was doing it on a normal character and not staff, and it just feels like a poor excuse to kill a character.
    Date Of Occurrence: 18/03/2020
    Evidence: Logs
    Other Players Involved: @Rondal
    Any Other Details: Since when was this 'common sense'? The server's been open for like 3 days, you can't expect people to gain a 'common sense' when there's fuck all knowledge on things so far.

• Agree Agree x 12
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Rondal

Rondal Pilot man
    WW3 RP Administrator

Nebulae:
    I looked over to see you running under the water, which is ridiculous enough. I then proceeded to message @Roosebud regarding the situation and we agreed a PK was viable here. It's been a similar situation for a lot of other people who commit to similar acts.

• Disagree Disagree x 4
  3. Silanus

Premium Member

Nebulae:
    We don't really have much of a swimming animation, so it shouldn't matter much where we are in the water when we swim.
    Although yeah it may not be the most realistic to be running underwater, it shouldn't be grounds for a PK. Especially since there's barely anything saying that it's a PK Risk.

It's basically one of the only ways to get scripts, they genuinely are spawning in the water. Whether or not I was on the surface on the water, or underneath the water, it doesn't matter since it's still easy to be seen anyways if it's a visibility issue. There's no possible way anyone would've randomly tossed a jug of milk into the river, not to mention the several times I've found other scripts (including tea leaves, coca leaves, plastic scrap etc.) inside water.

I must've been in the water there for no longer than 30 seconds before you PK'd me. If going through water is that much of an issue, then maybe add it to the rules as something that shouldn't be done? Maybe include a more thorough and reasonable IC reason for people dying if they go into the water, be it dangerous wildlife to toxic chemicals.

But killing someone outright just because they went into the water? That's just stupid, even if it discourages going into water.

• Agree Agree x 8
  4. '77 East

'77 East Rictal-Approved
    WW3 RP Operator

Nebulae:
    If you seriously try to scripthunt in the ocean without appropriate equipment, you deserve to drown.

• Informative Informative x 5
    • Agree Agree x 3
  5. Silanus

Premium Member

Nebulae:
    sorry that we have fuck all food and drink in the city.

I just wanted some milk

6. '77 East

'77 East Rictal-Approved
    WW3 RP Operator

Nebulae:
    you can get water through the spigot/water entities.
    you can get food by growing it or buying it off a farmer or store.

either of the two are good alternatives instead of trying to dredge up random crap in a lake without diving gear.

7. Silanus

Premium Member

Nebulae:
    You can get water via the spigot and water bottles.
    Food can only be obtained if a specific few players are on the server at the time, and just so happen to be selling food.

If Stasiland introduces a Diving Gear suit, then by all means make this situation be one that happens to everyone.
    But right now, it's ludicrous to think that the starving and dehydrated people of the city aren't going to go around, looking for any chance of food or drink they can get.

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. swexs

swexs
    WW3 RP Senior Administrator

Nebulae:
    It'd be wise to adjust your attitude, I understand the frustration, but there's no need to throw remarks towards people. Also, the item spawners were removed since launch day from the ocean, to avoid the mass of scripthunters being 24/7 underwater in order to try and look for scripts. The stuff you see in the sea, it either fell there or it was tossed by someone else, no need to jump to conclusions without knowing things.
    Like I've said in the other appeal, it's honestly getting stupid the fact that we have people either jumping off cliffs, parkouring to reach spots to see if there are scripts etc or even people that swim unrealistic distances without even feeling the slightest fatigue, trying to find, yet again, scripts. They don't spawn in the ocean anymore.
    I hope you understand that you can't just swim from the beach all the way to the other side of the map without even the slightest fatigue or without something bad happening, you aren't a human boat.
    Consider this accepted - I don't want to see these kinds of appeals in the future, and even if they were to happen, I don't think we will be so lenient unless the case really requires it, I also acknowledge the fact that each appeal is subjective, but all I ask is to try and keep things as realistic as you can and if you have doubts contact either me or any other admin in game, we will answer them. We are also aware that the server just launched and that's another reason to contact us for your doubts.

• Agree Agree x 7
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice