Hello there!

Niick

Quark
Nebulae
Oh boy I've been server hopping a lot lately.

I'm Niick, or Nick123q23 (don't lynch pls), a veteran of HL2RP, both OpenAura and Clockwork, mostly with the Casual Bananas community (RIP). I mostly play loyalists, CCA/Civil Protection, Synths, and atleast one instance of an OTA Elite, though I've experimented with refugee characters and I would enjoy playing a vortigaunt in the future.

In the great expanse that is Garrysmod, many people, including myself, consider most roleplay on Gmod to be the worst thing ever like DarkRP and similar game modes. But then you have HL2 Serious RP. In it's prime, it was a great oasis in the desert of mingebags and adusive admins, but the desert has since reclaimed the land around the oasis.

As such, when someone wants to start or return to HL2RP, it's nearly impossible to find not only a great server, but a server that suits you.

I love the Half-Life universe, and the Orwellian, alien dystopia depicted in Half-Life 2. But, well, then CBC died.
I've been jumping around, going to different servers. Combine Control's main community I've been involved in (holy shit they have a lot of neat-o mechanics that they have devs to make, three servers, and they're changing their city map to city 17 district 47 later, but they don't into english very well, you have to reapply for faction access after a character is PKed and their combine isn't staff-regulated very well to my knowledge)

I've also been to Taco and Banana (they're pretty cool, but I like servers that aren't afraid of S2K, even though they might be a good alternative.)
And Black Market Gaming's new Warfront server. (pretty fun, but CPs don't go into the outlands, and a few other lore issues)

From what I've seen of content around Nebulous's server and the forums here, you guys have a very fleshed out interpretation of Half-life 2 that actually makes some amount of sense and a healthy community.

The only problem is, I have one of the shittiest computers in existence, an emachines EL1360G-UW12P desktop. It barely runs gmod and the connection times are in the hours. This is why I haven't actually been on the server yet.
But I make it work anyway, so you'll be seeing me in game soon.

I think Industrial 17's overdone, and I don't really like mixing beta content with retail, (besides cremators. they're kick ass) but I believe I'll really enjoy it here, it's the community and the people who are important afterall.

Reactions: List

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Do not underestimate the power of shitposters. (@MaXenzie )

Also, Aloha!
maxenzie doesnt shitpost he just posts frequently

I'm just following the introductions section.

Still working on coding a bot that posts "Hiya!" whenever a thread is made in introductions.

I wish I could consider myself a shitposter.

liew

Don't Shoot I'm Too Short
Nebulae
welcome my friend enjoy your stay