help i cant sleep right

NaughtyDoodz

Proton
B A N N E D
Nebulae
Ok, so when I sleep, I usually go to bed around 11-12ish, but I wake up around 3 or 4 feeling energized. The problem with this is, mid-day, i'll start getting sleepy, which will fuck up alot of my plans.

Not a good place to post this at, but i've had health issues before.

Sir Frost

Electron
Nebulae
Go to bed a few hours earlier and drink plenty of water through the day. Avoid too much coffee cause you'll just crash in the afternoon.

Reactions: List

Luft

a bad memer
Nebulae
be me
go to sleep between 12 or 1 AM
sleep 10 hours
still lay in bed for 3
stand up at 4pm

D

Deleted member 1381

if you drink or eat things with high sugar or caffeine before bed stop
go to sleep earlier and dont get up just because you wake up unless its a rational time(starting the day at 3/4am isnt normal)

if you still cant fix it go to your doctor and talk about either getting melatonin so you can go back to sleep when you feel 'energised' or ask about your vitamin d levels as a low amount causes tiredness

NaughtyDoodz

Proton
B A N N E D
Nebulae
if you drink or eat things with high sugar or caffeine before bed stop
go to sleep earlier and dont get up just because you wake up unless its a rational time(starting the day at 3/4am isnt normal)

if you still cant fix it go to your doctor and talk about either getting melatonin so you can go back to sleep when you feel 'energised' or ask about your vitamin d levels as a low amount causes tiredness
i take melatonin, and I still feel tired, and i'm still here with the fucked up sleep schedule

D

Deleted member 5162

I fall asleep at 1 or 2 AM and then wake up at 8-9 AM or 12 AM, and sometimes I just cant fall asleep, but I still force my self anyway.
Also, I remember how I fell asleep at 3 AM and then woke up at 6, walked around energised the entire day, weird right?

ddæ

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
sleep at 6-7pm and wake up at 5am

easy

Satirical

Electron
Nebulae
11-12 is not an optimal time for sleep. It's also not good if you're using electronic devices while you try to sleep (blue light disturbs sleep and activates the brain). It's better to reduce the amount of stimulation you experience by powering off/silencing devices, shutting off the lights and maybe using a white noise machine (fans also work great for this). Taking a warm bath can also help relax the body by easing muscle and joint tension.

When you wake up and feel tired during the day, it's also acceptable to take intermittent naps (try to set alarms so you don't nap longer than 1 hour at most!!!), as they will actually help you reduce your sleepiness and will give you more energy. Make sure to stay hydrated and as said in one of the posts above avoid caffeine and other stimulants that can wire you up.

Charlie

Atom
Nebulae
>tfw paramedic shifts are more than a day and a half long and when i go to bed i can't fall asleep
GOD FUCKING DAMNIT FUCK

Plankster

Atom
Nebulae
Hit the gym and lift like a fucking beast for a couple of hours, go home and eat + take a shower then hit the bed works for me and i fall asleep in no time

Chester

custom title
Nebulae
11-12 is not an optimal time for sleep. It's also not good if you're using electronic devices while you try to sleep (blue light disturbs sleep and activates the brain). It's better to reduce the amount of stimulation you experience by powering off/silencing devices, shutting off the lights and maybe using a white noise machine (fans also work great for this). Taking a warm bath can also help relax the body by easing muscle and joint tension.

When you wake up and feel tired during the day, it's also acceptable to take intermittent naps (try to set alarms so you don't nap longer than 1 hour at most!!!), as they will actually help you reduce your sleepiness and will give you more energy. Make sure to stay hydrated and as said in one of the posts above avoid caffeine and other stimulants that can wire you up.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ this

as a student with a pretty busy life schedule i sympathise with this entirely, having survived on 3-4 hours sleep for weeks if not months on end last year during exam crunches and whatnot, but eventually you learn a primary motivation to screw everything on right - it makes you ill, simple as that. usually the negative consequences, both physically and mentally, are enough but sometimes it can take a while for you to want to fix it (as it did for me)

if you must insist on using a phone or w/e during bedtime, use the Night Light feature and put it on the warmest temp setting possible; i have mine scheduled for 9PM (everything from phone to PC) and by god even though it's a small difference it has had a HUGE impact on my sleep hygiene. as Satricial said, using some kind of ambient noise generation like a fan or even something from Spotify like a rain/storm playlist can always help with sleeping; calm music is usually sufficient for me though

only recently have i properly fixed my sleeping pattern after spending 2018 with the most horrible pattern simaginable (think waking up at midnight and then sleeping at 4-5pm for a month straight) and it definitely took some time but i usually sleep around 22:30-23:30 right through til 7-8am. i do try not to nap so i don't ruin my sleep at night but power-naps are perfectly acceptable

i used to neck 2 cans of redbull (250ml each) for like 6-7 months straight as well and that ruined my body for a good while so please avoid that xx

try your best to stay awake when you're falling asleep and sleep at around 10pm

i guarantee that will fix your sleeping schedule
this too

john

barbecue chips aint shit
Nebulae
as someone who's regularly up for over 24 hours at a time simply because I can't sleep, I find it's easiest when I've done a lot of exercise during the day and physically exhausted myself. I'd recommend straining stuff, or just start jogging a lot.

Ammo Man

Electron
B A N N E D
Nebulae
as someone who's regularly up for over 24 hours at a time simply because I can't sleep, I find it's easiest when I've done a lot of exercise during the day and physically exhausted myself. I'd recommend straining stuff, or just start jogging a lot.
Same. I just do that or if I'm not in the mood for exercise, I just wait till school and fall asleep during study hall while listening to Mr.Nightmare on youtube.

Satirical

Electron
Nebulae

Exercise is also a very good method to use, studies have shown that those who get even 150 minutes of exercise a week sleep significantly better. Why? Because exercising changes the chemistry of the brain, and also tires out your physical body. Essentially, exercise can do you no wrong -- assuming you aren't overtaxing yourself with it.

Nebulae
Watch YouTube until you just fall asleep, it works for me. (or you can just do some stuff in the forums, idk)
I actually play stuff like PBS Eons or TED Talks to help me fall asleep. That and it's just some cool shit

Also:
Find some nice relaxing music. Something that's not too much to listen to but just enough to be there to occupy silence. Shouldn't be too "busy" or anything. Helped me a lot too