Serious Hero Based Shooters

Godot

Electron
Nebulae
Which one do you like the most? Personally, I like Overwatch, but Team Fortress 2 (Which is kind of a "hero"-based shooter) and Paladins (Which people call an Overwatch clone, but honestly, I have more time spent on it than Overwatch, since I only got Overwatch recently thanks to a beautiful individual) are also nice. What's your preference?

Isuckatgaming

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
Tried Overwatch and it was okay, but not really my thing

And while TF2 is a class/hero based shooter, it is very very different from Overwatch and Paladins, and I think of it as the superior game, however it's age truly does show in the lack of quality of life features and general clunkiness

Kafe

Level Design nomad
Nebulae
Overwatch was not my thing in the end, brought it back in 2016 and played for a couple of months. but ultimately I find the use of 'heroes' instead of 'classes' makes the game feel a lot more restrictive for me, while you get the metagame of needing to balance your hero composition to handle what your enemy picks, I'm not a fan of how that design makes you utterly helpless against other heroes.

Even a medic in TF2 can hold their own and do damage if they're caught in a bad spot, but a mercy is usually just doomed to die if her abilities are on cooldown.

Reactions: List
D

Deleted member 6062

mercy is usually just doomed to die if her abilities are on cooldown.
her Guardian Angel can be used every 1.5 seconds and she's likely to escape from the bad spot with her pistol too, which does considerable damage, but it's all dependant on what hero is cornering her

Masky

Full time lurker, Part time social anxiety attack.
Nebulae
I used to play overwatch a lot but then the whole china controversy just made me leave outright. Still looking for a good alternative. I haven't played tf2 in ages, maybe I should give it a shot.

D

Deleted member 3818

iu

Reactions: List