Hi! Got a question 'bout hl2rp guns

kk layke

Quark
Nebulae
Hello, so I've seen some people die in only a couple of shots and some others not. May somebody explain how the armor and guns work?

Reactions: List

ruben slikk

life aint shut but a fat vagin
Nebulae
small gun less damage big gun more damage

armor tank damage
protection remove make gun do less damage

ok?

Reactions: List

kk layke

Quark
Nebulae
Yes. That's what armor does.
Putting aside the fact you're probably trying to fill up postcount for CP app, you could just ask these things in-server.
I did ask in-game. NOobdy responded. Lol. Please don't assume I'm trying to spam.
[doublepost=1534045010][/doublepost]
I did ask in-game. Nobody responded. Lol. Please don't assume I'm trying to spam.

Freelok

Electron
B A N N E D
Nebulae
The smaller the weapon, the less damage it does per shot. The larger the weapon, the more damage it does. You can assume this through bullet caliber- an AK, for instance, will do more damage then a 9MM.

Armor is a value separate to your health. It tanks the damage until it is depleted, in which case your actual health is affected. So, if you have 30% armor, your health will not be affected (or it will be somewhat affected) until that 30% is depleted.

More Armor = Longer life.
Bigger Gun = More Damage.

Longer Life & More Damage = More Kills.

kk layke

Quark
Nebulae
The smaller the weapon, the less damage it does per shot. The larger the weapon, the more damage it does. You can assume this through bullet caliber- an AK, for instance, will do more damage then a 9MM.

Armor is a value separate to your health. It tanks the damage until it is depleted, in which case your actual health is affected. So, if you have 30% armor, your health will not be affected (or it will be somewhat affected) until that 30% is depleted.

More Armor = Longer life.
Bigger Gun = More Damage.

Longer Life & More Damage = More Kills.
I thought the USP did more raw dmg than MP7?

Tinbe

Molecule
Nebulae
I did ask in-game. NOobdy responded.
Did you ask admins too, either in !help or PMs?
Please don't assume I'm trying to spam.
I've seen this kind of pattern play out for years, from the era of Lemonpunch all the way out to present-day Nebulous. Apologies if I'm too doubtful to continue giving the benefit of the doubt for the umpteenth time.

kk layke

Quark
Nebulae

I've seen this kind of pattern play out for years, from the era of Lemonpunch all the way out to present-day Nebulous. Apologies if I'm too doubtful to continue giving the benefit of the doubt for the umpteenth time.
It's fine, for some reason my posts actually have been glitching that they post double which I'm trying to fix. I do wanna become CP but not by spamming or glitching the system.

Zak

Resident xenophile
Nebulae
armored uniforms have two stats, Armor and Protection

Armor is essentially a second layer of health; when taking damage, it's first applied to your armor, which is worn down by taking damage. When it reaches 0, you start taking health damage.

Protection is a passive damage absorption bonus. If a uniform has 10% protection, then all incoming damage will be reduced by 10%, even after your armor breaks.

Raw damage doesn't matter as much as you think, and DPS is only slightly more relevant. In my experience, firefights are won one of two ways; either you're a better shot, and can consistently land shots on a player's head, or you have a weapon that can provide a higher volume of fire to chip away at their health and disorient them.

D

Deleted member 243

Why would anyone spam for a higher post count if the apps are closed tho

Tinbe

Molecule
Nebulae
Why would anyone spam for a higher post count if the apps are closed tho
Pays to be prepared, and I'd wager it has happened before when apps were closed. But idk, that's all just assumptions.