Hi, I'm new here! ^_^

Artemis

Neutrino
Nebulae
Hi, I'm Lydia, better known as Artemis. I'm a massive Transformers fan and my boyfriend has recently gotten me into roleplay on your server and despite falling down ladders having not gotten used to crouch jump yet. I am thoroughly enjoying it ^_^. Hi!

Sil

jus one more fing
Nebulae
im hoping to join the Union Medical anyone got any advice?
If you get accepted, don't be afraid to check google for procedures/to make things up on the fly

Just make sure it's relatively realistic, and you'll be fine

Trains

ms paint artist extraordinaire
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
im hoping to join the Union Medical anyone got any advice?
hi, union medical co-lead here!

we've got some guides up on things to do in the faction, and if you ever need to know how to treat certain things, google is your best friend

there's no pressure, i'm a teenager that barely knows first aid irl, the important thing is to have fun :grinning:

if you've got any questions, just ask myself or the other leads, crystal and niko

Reactions: List

Artemis

Neutrino
Nebulae
hi, union medical co-lead here!

we've got some guides up on things to do in the faction, and if you ever need to know how to treat certain things, google is your best friend

there's no pressure, i'm a teenager that barely knows first aid irl, the important thing is to have fun :grinning:

if you've got any questions, just ask myself or the other leads, crystal and niko

can you fix my legs?

Crystal

Proton
Nebulae
New im hoping to join the Union Medical anyone got any advice?
Other co-lead here. Don't be afraid if you don't know anything. We are all here to help. The amount of times we are literally googling when trying to treat someone is unreal.

Welcome to the server. Best advice is enjoy yourself, learn the ropes and apply for factions. And just remember sometimes creating roleplay is just as important as finding/waiting for it to happen.

Artemis

Neutrino
Nebulae
are there any requirements before i can post an application?

Subeh

john rebelrp
Nebulae
remember you're still playing a character

don't become a vendor

enjoy your character as you would any other, except that you also have a special job that you go to

took me too long to learn that when i first started
echoing this for the sake of driving it home

too many UM members over the years have turned into medrp vendors

always remember that every single medical procedure can be unique, remember your limitations as a human being; if 10 patients come in and start expecting you to rush the rp just so they can get out of there, that's their problem not yours. human limitation is one of the most important things in that style of rping and there's absolutely zero substance in rushing.

people grew to hate medrp because it was rushed and made a chore, if it was never rushed and made a chore and was rather seen as a unique experience to rp then the world would be a better place mark my words

my other recommendation is to actually start with a character that has less inherent medical knowledge; i recall making a UM character a long time ago who started with first aid knowledge and had to actually learn everything else, that alone makes the experience a lot better

welcome either way

Trains

ms paint artist extraordinaire
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
echoing this for the sake of driving it home

too many UM members over the years have turned into medrp vendors

always remember that every single medical procedure can be unique, remember your limitations as a human being; if 10 patients come in and start expecting you to rush the rp just so they can get out of there, that's their problem not yours. human limitation is one of the most important things in that style of rping and there's absolutely zero substance in rushing.

people grew to hate medrp because it was rushed and made a chore, if it was never rushed and made a chore and was rather seen as a unique experience to rp then the world would be a better place mark my words

my other recommendation is to actually start with a character that has less inherent medical knowledge; i recall making a UM character a long time ago who started with first aid knowledge and had to actually learn everything else, that alone makes the experience a lot better

welcome either way
my um char never even got any training he just joined up because he heard it was good pay

he now runs the place