History Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 1381
  • Start date

tera

Atom
Nebulae

Saw this the other day, thought to share it with you guys too. Always a sucker for these kind of videos.

I've always had a huge interest in China, especially in the last 100 years which started off with the Fall of the Qing Empire, Warlord Era, Sino-Japanese Wars, Chinese Civil War, their intervention in the Korean War, Sino-Vietnam war, Cross-straits relations and etc.

Hope to never see the flag with blue sky and white sun to never fade away in the coming future.

Reactions: List

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
it sounds like the Danish played their cards right during the war and came out the least fucked through the end of the war
nah I found your conclusion questionable, if you mean in general
have you heard of the united states, dear sir
he is right

out of all occupied countries in europe we were among the countries that suffered the least structural damage at all

we didn't really have too much rebuilding to do post-war

Dr Heckyll

Molecule
Nebulae
he is right

out of all occupied countries in europe we were among the countries that suffered the least structural damage at all

Yes but he did frame his question in general

Shapok

smol man rollenspieler
Nebulae
You're right so I present to you

SUMER VS ELAM
(Modern day Iraq, 2700 BC)

main-qimg-013ed4fa84dfb9cef8cd47dd91ef3d35

I DONT KNOW WHAT HAPPENED ITS A MIRACLE IT WAS DOCUMENTED BUT I BET IT WAS FUCKIN’ RAD

that's prehistoric, it is not a part of what we call history

there are no written records at that time, therefore it can't be classified as historic, it is however classified as prehistoric
but yes this is still very cool and i appreciate your post gamer, hopefully we will soon return to being cavemen

Dr Heckyll

Molecule
Nebulae
it's missing the weird obosession with the Roman Empire and deriving all their knowledge from Fallout: New Vegas and using the word "profligates" unironically
don't forget any other continent not existing until European Imperialism happened

WORLD HISTORY IS EUROCENTRIC PARADOX GAMES TOLD ME SO

Isuckatgaming

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
don't forget any other continent not existing until European Imperialism happened

WORLD HISTORY IS EUROCENTRIC PARADOX GAMES TOLD ME SO

Everyone knows America, Asia, and sub-saharan Africa came into being when John Explorer set sail from Britain and colonized the world

Dr Heckyll

Molecule
Nebulae
anyhow here is the 1375 Atlas Catalan. It has such interesting details on its map such as in the bottom left corner showing the King of Mali, Mansa Musa, (the epic gold guy) and in the upper right Marco Polo travelling to China(drawn upside down)

1920px-1375_Atlas_Catalan_Abraham_Cresques.jpg

Deleted member 3713

My dick way too small to have y’all on it.
Nebulae
he is right

I’ve got a few relatives (mothers step family) who still like kept records and journals during that time In Denmark and some of which were resistance members.

Denmark saved the majority of their jews and its fucking astounding how well they got them to Sweden.
07 swinging dick resistance Danes

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
I’ve got a few relatives (mothers step family) who still like kept records and journals during that time In Denmark and some of which were resistance members.

Denmark saved the majority of their jews and its fucking astounding how well they got them to Sweden.
07 swinging dick resistance Danes
got a lot of relatives way back who were involved in the border wars with germany, the resistance movement and general spook shit during the war

Deleted member 3713

My dick way too small to have y’all on it.
Nebulae
got a lot of relatives way back who were involved in the border wars with germany, the resistance movement and general spook shit during the war

Speaking of danes (I know this is an old convo)

Ill try to find the photo but my mothers step father who was in the resistance has an old photo of him as a wee boy with a walther p38 in denmark during the war in 1943, he still has it with my uncle on that side of her family. Ill try to see if he can take pictures of it because its still in pristine condition.

Kind of a gun geek. This man was an absolute pimp.

Lewis!

フローラルの専門店
Nebulae
Love European history from like the 1690s to the 1890s, especially the Napoleonic and American Revolution period and the rise of Prussia.

Battles from the time are especially interesting.

D

Deleted member 1381

eyes_of_gate_goebbels.jpg

A candid photograph of Goebells glaring at photographer Alfred Eisenstaedt moments after finding out his 'true identity' as a Jew

Last edited by a moderator:

ddæ

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
c6c0be1b3e11a47aa8d080c9d62d1538.jpg

"I just want to say – you know – can we all get along? Can we, can we get along? Can we stop making it horrible for the older people and the kids? And ... I mean we've got enough smog in Los Angeles let alone to deal with setting these fires and things ... It's just not right. It's not right and it's not going to change anything. We'll get our justice. They've won the battle, but they haven't won the war. We'll get our day in court and that's all we want. And, just, uh, I love – I'm neutral. I love every – I love people of color. I'm not like they're making me out to be. We've got to quit. We've got to quit; I mean after all, I could understand the first – upset for the first two hours after the verdict, but to go on, to keep going on like this and to see the security guard shot on the ground – it's just not right. It's just not right, because those people will never go home to their families again. And uh, I mean please, we can, we can get along here. We all can get along. We just gotta. We gotta. I mean, we're all stuck here for a while. Let's, you know, let's try to work it out. Let's try to beat it, you know. Let's try to work it out."