History

Hex: Fatty

ondi
Nebulae
What era in human history do you find the most interesting and exciting, it'd be nice to see if there's any eras in human history I don't know about.

Personally mine is the Viking Era, if you don't know why look at my profile country.

Reactions: List

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
What era in human history do you find the most interesting and exciting, it'd be nice to see if there's any eras in human history I don't know about.

Personally mine is the Viking Era, if you don't know why look at my profile country.

ancient greece, particularly in regards to the Macedonian conquest of half the fucking world

the fact that one guy managed to wrangle together several thousand men into an army that literally took on the world astounds me to this day

ondi
Nebulae
Yeah I've heard about that one wasn't it Alexander or something that did that?

MaXenzie

Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Yeah I've heard about that one wasn't it Alexander or something that did that?

Alexander the Great yeah

went from owning a few city states in and around greece to owning all of persia and the middle east, including up to Egypt

half of the territory he gained wasnt even through battle, several countries just surrendered immediately upon hearing he was approaching

ondi
Nebulae
That's why they call him Alexander the Great lmao.

That's pretty interesting though, didn't have to waste any resources sometimes just had to get into the mind of the other leader which he clearly did.

MaXenzie

Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
That's why they call him Alexander the Great lmao.

That's pretty interesting though, didn't have to waste any resources sometimes just had to get into the mind of the other leader which he clearly did.

probably had something to do with the fact that any time a city actually gave him and his army trouble, he would burn down all of it save for the churches

he was also really dedicated. there was a city on an island several hundred meters away from land, and they thought they were safe from his army. he wandered down the beach, and tossed a stone in the water.
his army followed what he did, and they, using nothing but fucking stones and dirt, built a massive bridge that turned the island into an archipeligo

and then they burned the city down

Deleted member 61

donator without a cause
Nebulae
Currently up to the 162AC from the start of the Roman Republic, now Empire.

Roman virtues were quite something to aspire to. Rather than further embroil Rome in Civil War, the defeated General of who's name I cannot recall killed himself after his men were defeated in battle to avoid further Roman-on-Roman death. The idea that somethings are worse than death is something that sticks with me. In a system so corruptible, with people so able to be manipulated with wealth or positions of power, the fact that any of the Emperors lead Rome with any sense of relative (according to Roman standards) decency was surprising.

It's too bad most Romans never lived up to the virtues they held in high regard, but also amazing to watch those that sometimes did get stabbed to death.

Truly amazing history and we're blessed to have such thorough documentation of it.

Great podcast if anyone is interested.

https://open.spotify.com/show/6wiEd40oPbQ9UK1rSpIy8I

I reckon that Carthage would be quite fascinating and if you know of any podcasts on that, I might give it a listen.

MaXenzie

Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
one thing i vastly prefer about history over the modern day is the simplicity of it

sure overall life quality might be lower, but at least ancient politics were easy

ancient life was easy, even if it sucked for the peasantry most of the time

ondi
Nebulae
one thing i vastly prefer about history over the modern day is the simplicity of it

sure overall life quality might be lower, but at least ancient politics were easy

Technology may be on our side in life now but politics and issues really aren't.

Mute

`impulse-approved
Nebulae

never gonna be hunter and bring back elk for tribe after long day of hunting

why bother

MaXenzie

Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
never gonna be hunter and bring back elk for tribe after long day of hunting

why bother

never gonna re-unite greece and the middle east

why bother

Tinbe

Molecule
Nebulae
I'd say it wasn't easier as much as it was simpler. One still had to work pretty hard back then, with very few of the modern standards of living attainable.

the last man

corn lord
Nebulae
but at least ancient politics were easy

PilotBland

community antagonizer
Nebulae
history sucks uhm like why is it in school all it is fucking memorization kinda shit imagine graduating cause u did good at memorizing things

vtipoman

Electron
Nebulae
Not exactly an era (not too much into history), but I like learning about common facts of life people usually get wrong about a perticular time, how things worked, what lead to what, etc

history sucks uhm like why is it in school all it is fucking memorization kinda shit imagine graduating cause u did good at memorizing things
history isn't taught that well imo (should be less about dates and names and more about the flow of things, causes and reactions and such), but it's still a pretty basic thing to know about
like imagine living not knowing the medieval times were a thing and roughly how they worked for example