Half-Life: Alyx Official Thread

Dicknose

Whatever happens, happens.
Nebulae
Was this already posted because I’m on mobile and can’t see if it was already posted

`impulse

Head Staff
Nebulae
Over a decade since they've done anything with their most iconic franchise and they decide to release a new game as a VR-only title, alienating a good majority of their fanbase by locking it behind a bare minimum $1000 paywall for the equipment you need just to play the darn thing

lol

Flanders

Atom
Nebulae
bare minimum $1000 paywall

lol

7iyibzqdwjz31.jpg

Deleted member 374

jesus christ denton
Nebulae
Or not. I have PC more than capable of running VR and money to buy a headset, I'd rather not waste money on a headset that only has 3 games worth playing.
it's very likely that more games will be released in the future. vr exclusives are really only just starting out.

alex

I do things.
Head Staff
Nebulae
it's very likely that more games will be released in the future. vr exclusives are really only just starting out.
I'm sure they will be and that's great but right now a single release that has Half-Life in the title isn't enough to warrant expense (especially if you don't have a PC that can run it).

Reactions: List

Tinbe

Molecule
Nebulae
This is neat.
VR games look cool, but I'm still not ready to invest into something as costly as the VR equipment - especially when I might be needing to get a new computer soon.
For the worlbuilding aspect, this'll be a great - but otherwise, I'm mostly stoked for Source 2. I've heard it'll be publicized with the release of HL:A, but I haven't seen any concrete sources to such a claim yet - so, I'm cautiously optimistic.

Reactions: List

Dicknose

Whatever happens, happens.
Nebulae
Is it even confirmed that it’s exclusive to the index

SpaceInvader

Dutch Ally.
Nebulae
I have never played a half life game but I love myself some good VR games. I hope that this sets an example for many video game developers on the VR headset and it becomes what Half Life 2 was for video game physics. Can't wait to play it myself.